Paint/trim codes

Im at a loss to find where on the 1967-72 Chevy trucks the codes are for the exterior paint and interior trim is at.  Is there supposed to be a metal tag somewhere with this info on it?  Neither of my trucks have anything that I can find. (69&71)

Also wondering if the 1971's should have a windshield antenna or one mounted on the cowl panel?

Thanks,

Bob

I have been looking for my Chevy truck book to try to look this up, and can't find it.  Thanks, gmcblu, for the answers.

The paint code is likely a three character alphanumeric code somewhere on the same tag as the interior code.  Instead of listing the color by name it will be by code, like A06 or something.  Does your tag have anything like that?

Jeff

Jeff,

I just checked that option label but there is no paint code on it.  It does have 1626AA Parchment trim that I imagine is for the interior color but nothing for paint.  Im very surprised these trucks don't have a trim tag like cars do. ???

Bob

Hmmm.....

A couple places to check (which you probably already have checked) would be the driver's side door or door jam, especially near the dashboard, and under the hood on the firewall.  Still haven't found my book...

Jeff

• 1 month later...

hmm....this is a bit puzzling.  One thing I am wondering is if someone removed during a repaint or body repair.  I've seen that done before more than a couple times.  Can you tell if has ever been repainted or had much bodywork?

Jeff

It appears to have had one repaint.  No signs of any trim tags like cars have.  Not sure what the last option is on the label.  Maybe thats some kind of paint code?

I know the truck was orange/white but trying to figure out if it was the bright orange or the red orange.

This could be a long shot, but...

when I was selecting the color for my '74 Corvette I wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure that I got the correct '74 Corvette Silver Mist.  The paint shop had a cross-reference book (may have been a PPG book) that had the original paint code, name, and cross-reference to PPG and I think some other suppliers.  It may be worth a shot if you know any local paint shops that might check for ya.

Jeff

Is there a paint code 461?  One thing I noticed about these strange codes is the the 2nd through 4th digits seem to be RPO numbers. (well, most are)  Look at the 4 speed and you see M20, front stabilizer F59, etc.

Parchment trim has 1626AA. Does 626 mean anything?

I have no idea why they all start with "1" or end with 2 letters though.  The funny thing is both my trucks have these type of codes.  My other truck is even more mysterious.

Archived