Evap Vent Valve Solenoid

kschein@aarcorp.com

Question

i need help finding where the Canister Vent Valve Solenoid is locate at on 2003 chevrolet silverado 5.3L any information will help me

Hi There Everyone!

Well I just joined this sight and already I see  some BS floating around on it.  So we'll see if there really is any helpful advice besides the smartass that talked about throwing parts at our trucks.  I've save tons of money doing just that considering the ridiculous amount of money charged by shops mostly take advantage of their customers rather than help them, and I know all the angles as well.  Don't let anybody con you in to thinking the shop is the better option if you are capable of doing the work on your own.  I've paid for an entire transmission when it was simply the ECM.  Replaced battery, starter and ECM when it was just the negative cable to the firewall.  So with that being said, let's see what these threads produce.  I have the same problem and am interested in knowing if the common issue is the purge solenoid or the vent solenoid so I can DO THE WORK MYSELF.  Anyone?

Edited by SRC

Looking through this thread I'm amazed. P0449 is an electrical issue.  ECM, wiring or vent solenoid! NEVER a purge solenoid, canister, leak or plugged anything. Pretty good video though.

Edited by tbarn

Really disgusted with Capital Chevrolet in Austin TX. $150 to pull the code. Third time replacing vent valve at 70k miles. 2010 Silverado 

They are charging me for 2.5 hrs of labor to replace part and new harness. $540.00 Wtf. Will definitely do it myself next time.

Edited by Slowcooker