Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's talk FACTS.

OTHER THAN the FACT that Cummins has been out in the 2500/3500 trucks longer then Duramax, what advantage(s) does Cummins have over Duramax?

Dmax is quieter in the cab :cheers: I drove each back to back last weekend.

With the Dmax you get a GM truck :cheers:

Are you serious? Go to a Pepsi website and ask "which is better, pepsi or coke?" :cheers:

Well the are several advantages over a Dmax:

Third brake light:

7.jpg

The ability to add a second tach:

11.jpg

With the HP and TQ the cummins puts out you can install a toolbox and not worry about your performance:

5.jpg

You can also install a front license plate, you can probably do that on a Dmax too but it's still an advantage:

012.jpg

I worked at a class eight dealership for nearly 20 years and would have got a very large discount to get a Sterling or a Dodge, I worked on 5.9,s for a long time, the 12 valve with a P7100 was a very good engine the VP44 fuel system is a piece of crap. The new 6.7 was used buy Freightliner for 2 years before Dodge got it and I was not impressed. and the Asinine transmission was the last straw. when I went to Cummins, and looked in the employee parking lot they had GM"s and Duramax. I keep a vehicle for a long time and maintain it very well, I have 43,000k on it and had one oil leak. I live in the mountains and hauled 100 plus loads with my dump trailer got material and equipment to build my new shop and fruit stand for the wife and it never missed a beat. Jacobsen in Kelowna and Gold key in Langley have been great. I am so glad I got this unit. I use less fuel than any gas unit that can not do half what this thing does

i'm pretty sure you aren't going to get an unbiased thread on this forum

if you want some more impartial opinions go over to one of the rv forums, there are a bunch and they tend to have pretty good side by side comparisons between the brands

we have both cummins and dmax diesels that we tow with daily

our straight up purpose built tow rigs are cummins, but we aren't having issues with the dmax's

personally,

I'd go with a gmc cab / alison tranny / cummins under the hood

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.