4bt Swap

That would be about 120 HP, I hope you live in Kansas or somewhere flat and don't drive at night. It is possible if you can find a transmission adapter. If I remember the 4 BT did not rev very high, You want to call Cummins with the CPL and they can tell you the torque and HP and rpm of the engine. With that low of HP, you will have a hard time starting off, low HP and torque below about 1800 RPM. JUST A THOUGHT!

They are 160 hp and 315 torque. Plus you can put aftermarket injectors increasing the horsepower considerably. And another thing 315 torque in a half ton,they move UPS trucks and bread trucks just fine and they are a helluva lot heavier than a half ton chevy. come on, hard time starting off? I don't know man. You need to rethink before replying. I guess i should of said knowledgeable responses only.

They are 160 hp and 315 torque. Plus you can put aftermarket injectors increasing the horsepower considerably. And another thing 315 torque in a half ton,they move UPS trucks and bread trucks just fine and they are a helluva lot heavier than a half ton chevy. come on, hard time starting off? I don't know man. You need to rethink before replying. I guess i should of said knowledgeable responses only.

Have a good day......

Wow. Nice way to get responses. Well I'll add my knowledge. Doesn't the stock 5.7l make 210hp and 300lb torque?

Not that I'm against you trying but the 4bt weighs (from my quick google) 700-800lbs vs the 5.7's 550-600lbs.

You would only gain 15lb torque and 100-200 lbs and loose 40hp. I think there might be better options out there besides the 4bt.

Either way good luck.

Mike

Ever heard of Google?

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/index.php

Or how about these?

http://www.google.com/search?q=cummins+4bt...lient=firefox-a

Don't come around and bash someone because they try to help you. Lose the 'tude.

I was just asking if anyone has done it. I know what it takes to put one in. I was just curious how the outcomes were. I am a Cummins technician and now how to really crank them up. Sorry about getting attitude but he got it with me first. There was no need for the Kansas or somewhere flat comment.

Have you looked at the first site I posted for you? On the surface it looks like it should be able to answer all your questions. This site is not really geared towards what you're trying to do. Doubt if you'll find many, that have done it, at least on this site.

:thumbs:

I was just asking if anyone has done it. I know what it takes to put one in. I was just curious how the outcomes were. I am a Cummins technician and now how to really crank them up. Sorry about getting attitude but he got it with me first. There was no need for the Kansas or somewhere flat comment.

for about 5000 you can make those old 12 valves churn out abou 500 horse can't you??? Are you goin for the intercooled? Or before 93 or whatever year it was? In my opinion the 5.7 small block was one of the best motors chevy made. BUT the old cummins engines are the best diesel engine made...I think that would be badass puttin one in a chevy....make one big happy pipe comin straight thru the hood!!!!

I know what it takes to put one in.

You need to rethink before replying. I guess i should of said knowledgeable responses only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have restored and hot rodded cars since 1960. I am retired now and just enjoy life. Most of the people here just lightly mod and enjoy their trucks. You won't find many that have done what you want to do.

But thats alright you set us straight, you already know all about it.

Ahhhh, to be 20 years old and already know it all.

Well I never put one of those engines in a 93 truck...... I never wanted to.

I'm lust an old curmudgeon.....what do I know.

:thumbs:

Man I hope this isnt one of those sights that is like the import sights. The guy asked a simple question and gets flamed. I havent done a swap but I have been thinking about it but I have 2 6BT motors. The 4BT will give great fuel economy, upwards of 30 mpg hwy and 20s in the city. Granted its not a high revving motor but the torque is awesome. If you do the swap look at your rear gears. My 6bt motors all have 3.55 gears in em. I wouldnt go any higher so you can take advantage of the torque. I Just pull up 4bt swaps in a google or yahoo search and you will find what your looking for as there has been plentiful swaps into the chevy platform. I would love to do this swap into my 93 chevy rcsb, keep us posted on your findings. I think it is a great idea and there are vendors and regular peeps making adapters for everything you need to do this swap. Motor mounts, tranny adapters are every where. All you need is time to complete the swap

Archived