[gmt900] Disabling Auto Doors Lock

When I put the truck on Drive, the doors lock automatically... Can I disable this function?

Thanks...

By the way, no information was found in the manual so far...

Believe it's one of the setting in the DIC setup prompts. Should be in your owners manual.

When I put the truck on Drive, the doors lock automatically... Can I disable this function?

Thanks...

Looks like the only choices on DIC customization for auto lock are at 'shift out of park" (default) or "at vehicle speed" - I didn't see any reference to disabling.

I really want to disable these dumb things on my GMT800. From all the research I have been able to do, I am SOL because I have an 05. They have a bulletin describing everything. You can disable 06 and 07 OBSs by taking them to the dealer and they have to go in with their computer and disable them that way. But for my 05 for whatever reason, no dice. My point is....if you can do this on an 06 and 07 OBS, I would think this would be possible for a NBS...actually the bulletin mentions 08s. So might be possible, but a dealer visit and a 100 something bucks later only.

Here is the bulletin

I know on an 03 model it is explained in the manual. I was looking at my work truck's manual one day and you can set it when you shift it from park, or at 8 mph it locks them, or it never locks them. Let me know if you guys dont figure it out and i copy and scan the manual pages and get them on here. They might have disabled it though in the later GMT-800's though. I have no idea on that.

Thanks...

Looks like the only choices on DIC customization for auto lock are at 'shift out of park" (default) or "at vehicle speed" - I didn't see any reference to disabling.

:thumbs:

I too would like to disable the dang thing from locking...had talked to dealer on my NBS 900 and he said no way...will ask again based on the obs bul..

If you drive much on a ranch, pasture, quail hunt etc...it is a great pain...gas, lock, brake, park unlock, gas, lock etc every 100 yards/feet or so.....should be an option

more nanny state control and gm trying to cut law suits etc....not to mention that you will replace them sooner with this system...

My 2007 GMT900 locks when shifted out of Park but unlocks when put in Park. I rarely get out of the truck while it's in gear, so it doesn't bother me too much. :)

Now my 99 would lock after 18mph and not unlock. THAT was a PITA. :thumbs:

My 2000 unlocks when the key is take out im sure the 99 did also, unless you never take you keys out then yes it was a PITA

I too would like to disable the dang thing from locking...had talked to dealer on my NBS 900 and he said no way...will ask again based on the obs bul..

If you drive much on a ranch, pasture, quail hunt etc...it is a great pain...gas, lock, brake, park unlock, gas, lock etc every 100 yards/feet or so.....should be an option

more nanny state control and gm trying to cut law suits etc....not to mention that you will replace them sooner with this system...

If you drive with the door open they don't lock.

My 2007 GMT900 locks when shifted out of Park but unlocks when put in Park. I rarely get out of the truck while it's in gear, so it doesn't bother me too much. :lol:

Now my 99 would lock after 18mph and not unlock. THAT was a PITA. :D

My 2000 unlocks when the key is take out im sure the 99 did also, unless you never take you keys out then yes it was a PITA

Nope. There were a lot of differences between the 99's and the 00's. That was probably one of them.

Hit the UNLOCK switch after they lock. :P

I got into a habit of hitting the unlock button after I turned the ignition off. I caught myself doing that for a month or so after I got my 2007! :lol:

My Dad's 1992 F150 locks at a certain point, but the door opens with the door locked. :thumbs: Every Ford that I know of of that era did it. Seems like a safety hazard to me, but who knows. :)

Disabling Auto Door Locks Document ID: 2131711 #PIT3189J Manual mode operation reprogram May 6, 2008 Reprogram BCM with calibrations from Tis2Web. This TSB was in the Wiki. I had this done to my GMT900 because I don't like to be locked in it. I also tuned off the auto headlights myself but thats another story.

My Dad's 1992 F150 locks at a certain point, but the door opens with the door locked. :thumbs: Every Ford that I know of of that era did it. Seems like a safety hazard to me, but who knows. :lol:

Actually that makes sense.... I think they did that so you can open it from the inside in an emergency, but you could turn that off with child safety locks on the rear doors of cars.

Kind of wish GM had the same thing.

Archived