Front Door Speakers Stopped Working?

JCARP4483

Question

About 3 months ago my front door speakers quit working. Drivers and passanger side. I thought it might be a short in the Front input on the CD player. Well the tweeters still work when i fade to the front which tells me that they are hooked into the Front input as well. My question is are these speakers on seperate inputs or is it possible both my front speakers blew at the same time. up to 3 weeks after this they would randomly kick on and off and didnt sound busted and played fine. Turn my truck off and next time i turn it on they are not working. I have a little audio knowledge but i am at a loss on this one?

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been having this problem also, just it is the left side speakers, both front and rear, that stopped working. I just replaced the factory head unit and the problem remains.

Sure would love to find the problem.

Today the dealer replaced 3 of my speakers that all magically stopped working at the same time (RF, LR, RR). They didn't blow, they just flat out died.

Yes i did each wire to a ground on both sides and that is where i got the numbers listed above. I pulled the door rubber piece back but the wires were taped with plastic wrap around them so i didnt get a chance to look at it due to darkness. But i will fix my wire problem on the left when i find it and then see if the right fixes or not. Thanks again guys.

Yeah the voltage is the quick and dirty, I like doing both just to make sure.

Of course I am an electro-mechanical tech and this is how I was taught to trouble shoot electronics. I am much better on the Mechanical side than I am on the electro side.. :D:cool::D

Aight to get yall up to date to know what i need to do next...

Yesterday i was riding down the rode and my front drivers side door kicked on. And the passanger door still wasnt working. Today when i turn the truck on neither are working.

So i tested for volts and this is what i come up with that has me confussed as crap...

Front Driver door- NO VOLTS EITHER WIRE

Front Pas. Door- 7.25 volts both wires.

Now Could it be possible that the driver door is shorted and the passanger door is busted or not working. I did an ohms test on Both sides and the bothed ohmed telling me that it the curcuit is complete i believe. Just at a loss right now.

Just because you have the voltage you expect on the passenger side doesn't mean that the driver side isn't still taking the driver down. Fix the issue on the left and worry about the right after that if it still doesn't work. I would start the search for the left side issue at the door pass through, that is most likely the area where the broken wire(s) are.

I"ve had the same problem with my drivers side speaker going off. I took the head unit out looking for rubbed wires and eventually took the speaker out of the passenger side door and installed it into the drivers side.

It worked,

I have a bad speaker. I wonder what type I should replace the front pair with.

Good to see another Mississippian on the site. Lyon that's up near Clarksdale, right?

Hey man...haven't see you on here in a while

Hows it goin man.

Doing great man, I just don't get stop by as much anymore work has been keeping me busy. I had few minuets so thought I'd see what was going on. How about you Aiden?

Archived