Suburban Rear Liftgate Locking Mechanism

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikeqfl

mikeqfl

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site, glad I found it. I have a 2006 Surburban and the rear liftgate no longer locks when I hit the auto lock on the door or key fob. Any ideas on what might be causing that, and if it is a home mechanic project or not? I am pretty handy with tools, just not to experienced with the troubleshooting part. Thanks for the help.

#2 mikeqfl

mikeqfl

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

Anybody have any Ideas? I think I hear a clunking sound in the liftgate when I hit the lock/unlock button on the remote. The rear window does not lock either I noticed. Thanks for your help?

Edited by mikeqfl, 15 November 2009 - 07:02 PM.

#3 Nytemare

Nytemare

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,417 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

You may just have to pull the gate apart and clean and lube everything. It sounds to me like the actuator is working, but something else is stuck, or bent.
Posted Image

so you expected something that weights 5000 pounds and has aerodynamics of a piano to get what?

2003 Silverado XCSB, 4.8L, Flowmaster super44 SI/DO, G80 3.42, MSD Wires, K&N drop-in filter, Yellow Top Battery, Royal Purple in entire Drivetrain, W4M tune....My DD..............................SOLD
2010 Silverado XCSB 5.3L Z71 Summit White, Diablo Trinity tuned....more to come soon.
2010 Cobalt 2.2L LT 2Dr. Victory Red....gas saver/wife's Car.......SOLD
2011 Cruze 1.4L Turbo 1LT Crystal Red ...Again, Wifes car and gas saver
1978 LJ80, 16V 1600cc on 31's, Spring over lift, awaiting Full Frame off build...The Toy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users