Keyless Entry On Gmc Sierra

royalcity

Question

The fobs for my keyless entry on my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 stopped working and I do not have automatic locks. All fob re-programming instructions I have found include holding down the automatic lock button which I do not have. How do I re-program my fobs without automatic locks?

9 answers to this question

I have changed the battery, but these fobs were pretty new. I don't have power locks, windows - I have to flip the tab up to unlock the door and roll down the window like we used to do back in the day, but when my fobs worked it would unlock remotely. All manuals and instructions I have seen require you to hold down the power lock on the door - I do not have that. If you don't have an answer for me, don't post.

WHAT?????

If you don't have auto locks, why do you have key fobs???

If in fact you do have power locks....aka automatic locks....have you changed the battery?

BTW....the automatic lock button is the lock button.

I need to be more specific - from the inside (or the outside for that matter) without my fob I have to reach over and unlock the passenger door - there is no button on my door that I can automatically unlock the passenger or driver side door with. I only have the manual lock that you have to pull up. Now, I hope that everyone reading this post can make sense of it - Does anyone know how I can reset my fobs to work again?

I have changed the battery, but these fobs were pretty new. I don't have power locks, windows - I have to flip the tab up to unlock the door and roll down the window like we used to do back in the day, but when my fobs worked it would unlock remotely. All manuals and instructions I have seen require you to hold down the power lock on the door - I do not have that. If you don't have an answer for me, don't post.

WHAT?????

If you don't have auto locks, why do you have key fobs???

If in fact you do have power locks....aka automatic locks....have you changed the battery?

BTW....the automatic lock button is the lock button.

Here's your answer...it took me 3 min of searching on Google;

Silverado Remote Programming Instructions for 2007 (new body style) - 2010

Use this Procedure for Vehicles with Driver Information Center Buttons

This information is in your Owners Manual in the Drivers Information Center Section.

1. Insert your Key and turn to ON position so that the Driver Information Center display appears.

Press the vehicle information

button until PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays in the DIC.

Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE displays in the DIC.

Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed.

To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.

This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.

6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.

Test remote(s).

Use this Procedure for Vehicles without Drivers Information Center Buttons

1. To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far as you can go without cranking engine)

2. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

3. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display

4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed.

5. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.

This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.

6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.

7. Test remote(s).

BTW...thanks for the backup Zero. I didn't mean to come off like an ass if that's the way it sounded, But I hate when people post the old "don't post if you don't know" Line. I also know for a fact...there a tonne more people here that think the same thing, and are no where near as nice about it as I am.

First off...this is a trouble shooting based process....we are not going to tell you exactly what to do right off the bat, for the most part, unless its a common issue and the questions been asked a hundred times...but than your gonna get a post saying "use the SEARCH function" We are generally going to ask you if you did this or that...to try and narrow down what the problem is. Usually its battery related with almost every Fob problem, that's why I asked if you if you changed the battery.

Secondly....you don't say things like that in a post...its not how you make friends on a board like this. There are a lot of people on here with a tonne of experience on these vehicles. Saying things like that, some of them may say screw you...I know the answer but I'm not posting cause your a douche.

For a quick answer...I would take a trip to the service counter at your local GM dealer and ask them how its done. Or call their 1-800 hot line. There has to be some special procedure for this type of vehicle. Or, Something may be wrong with your receiver in the truck.

BTW...welcome to GMTC :rollin:

Thank you SO much "Nytemare"

First off...this is a trouble shooting based process....we are not going to tell you exactly what to do right off the bat, for the most part, unless its a common issue and the questions been asked a hundred times...but than your gonna get a post saying "use the SEARCH function" We are generally going to ask you if you did this or that...to try and narrow down what the problem is. Usually its battery related with almost every Fob problem, that's why I asked if you if you changed the battery.

Secondly....you don't say things like that in a post...its not how you make friends on a board like this. There are a lot of people on here with a tonne of experience on these vehicles. Saying things like that, some of them may say screw you...I know the answer but I'm not posting cause your a douche.

For a quick answer...I would take a trip to the service counter at your local GM dealer and ask them how its done. Or call their 1-800 hot line. There has to be some special procedure for this type of vehicle. Or, Something may be wrong with your receiver in the truck.

BTW...welcome to GMTC :)

Thank you SO much "Nytemare"

BTW...welcome to GMTC :rollin:

"Nytemare" is right. You don't make friends like that here. You don't tell someone not to post. You have a right to give your opinion and he wasn't even being rude. You're the one being rude.

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Truck. I purchased this used. It came with Key Fobs and when they worked it was great but they stopped working. Even changing the batteries didn't work. I did get my Auto Repair to re-set the Fobs for me and they worked for awhile and then they stopped again. Not only did it stop working for the passenger side but the Windows and Power locks do not work from the passenger side and I can NOT lock the passenger door from the driver's side either. I find it strange. When they worked all the windows and door locks worked too but when they are out the passenger side doesn't work at all. You can not take the window down. Only way to lock it is by pushing the slider lock. Strangest thing ever. Any ideas??? Would like some input before taking it to the dealer. Thanks Kindly!

Food for thought. Do you think maybe someone installed a aftermarket remote entry seeing he has no power door lock switches? How many members have an 07 that have power door locks but no power door lock switches? Check your RPO label and see if there is AU3 listed.

Archived