No Horn

Just realized today as i was ran off the highway my horn no longer works!

I tried to locate a fuse in the cab and under the hood and the only thing i could find is the relay block. Is it possible this has gone bad? Or can you point me in another direction to begin troubleshooting?

Thanks guys!

... when horns quit working it is often a ground wire with a poor connection at the horn location

... so try checking power to the hot side of the horn when the horn is activated

,,, if there is power there then it is either a poor ground or a dead horn

... sometime the horn itself just fails

My 99 GMT800 has 2 horns. One failed within the first yr. If yours has 2 horns and they both don't work, chances are that it's power circuit related. Take a piece of wire and jump directly to the horns to test them. If they work, back track the power circuit.

My horn quit working on my '01 Chevy. It was simply the fuse blown and popped a new one in and it was all good

Is there just a fuse on these or is it the whole relay?

There should be a fuse and a relay....both in the underhood fuse block.

My horn quit working on my '01 Chevy. It was simply the fuse blown and popped a new one in and it was all good

Is there just a fuse on these or is it the whole relay?

Yep there is both. I just replaced the fuse to see if it would fix it and it worked so I'd try that first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just found out my horn doesn't work. Question I have is if the horn still chirps when you lock your truck with the fob does that mean it's not the horn, it's not the fuse or relay, but it's a problem in the steering wheel?

Thanks

I just found out my horn doesn't work. Question I have is if the horn still chirps when you lock your truck with the fob does that mean it's not the horn, it's not the fuse or relay, but it's a problem in the steering wheel?

Thanks

that could be a possibility, either the power wire in the steering wheel has come loose, or your clockspring has decided to pack up. is the Airbag Light on, Does the Cruise Control still Work, and do your Radio/DIC controls still work (If your truck is equipped with Cruise, Radio Controls and DIC)?

O no, looks like the fuse popped again! It was the correct size a put in there. could a dirty ground connection at horn cause this?

Dunnno, but I am interested to see what you find. My 01 2500 does the same thing..... I have not found it yet... I need to take some time and see what the problem is with mine.

I changed the relay and the fuse. I need to check the horns and grounds. Probably the wire toooo.

Jbo

Thanks

that could be a possibility, either the power wire in the steering wheel has come loose, or your clockspring has decided to pack up. is the Airbag Light on, Does the Cruise Control still Work, and do your Radio/DIC controls still work (If your truck is equipped with Cruise, Radio Controls and DIC)?

No airbag light on. Radio/DIC controls and cruise still work.

Archived