How do you remove the rear door panel?

Thinking back to when i did mine, i think there is a screw in the cup holder you have to take out and then possibly another on the bottom side of the door. Then the panel just pops off the way the sills do inside the door frames. They used those metal clips to hold everything in place. *Note: Im not sure exactly how many screws i had to take out, im not by my truck to look.

• 2 months later...
I have a 4 door extended cab and want to replace the stock speakers.  What is the easiest way to take off the rear door panels?  Thanks.

I did it today..its really easy. There are two screws..one in the cupholder the other in the door grab. Undo those two (9/32) and then use your fingers around the edge of the panel to pop it off. Its really pretty easy. Have a long skinny flat blade screwdriver available in case you have a stubborn clip. They are designed to not break.

The fronts were pretty easy too...easier than I thought they would be.

Heres how to do the fronts:

First pop off the triangular shaped piece from behind the mirror area. Pry at the top to pop the two clips then the piece lifts out. Then there are two 9/32's screws you need to take out first. One is behind the door handle..the other is on the bottom of the panel. Once you remove those take your long skinny flat blade and pry carefully at the bottom side of the window control/door lock panel. If you look at the bottom side of this panel you will notice two small cutouts...slide your flat blade in there to assist with popping the clips. Then lift up the control panel...and disconnect the wiring. Pop out the small panel around the door handle. Remove the screw from inside the area where the control panel was. Once that screw is gone than you can simply lift up on the panel and it will come off. Be careful now...there are several wiring connectors you have to take apart.

• 4 years later...

Archived