2009 Silverado Steering Wheel Swap?

I've been reading through all the threads in regards to doing a steering wheel swap to gain radio controls on the steering wheel. So if I understand as long as my 2009 Silverado LS wheel has cruise control the harness for the radio control is already there? It should just be plug and play? Anyone have a part number for the leather wrapped wheel with cruise and radio controls, and black center spokes? I belive thats what GM calls Ebony? Thanks alot for the info everyone!

Yes, you plug the steering wheel with radio controls into the same plug-in the old one goes into. I did this on my 2008 LS and it was plug and play. I am not sure of the part number for the steering wheel, check Ebay or Schramms Auto-thats where are I got mine for $105 shipped!! The most difficult part of the project is getting the air bag out. Make sure you disconnect the Neg terminal on you battery and allow 15 minutes for the energy to completly drain off.

You may consider getting the version with Titanium and swap the Titanium for your Ebony, this way you'll have more options finding the right steering wheel. :crazy: Good Luck

Archived