2009 Silverado Steering Wheel Swap?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JayzDaMan

JayzDaMan

Enthusiast

• 39 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

I've been reading through all the threads in regards to doing a steering wheel swap to gain radio controls on the steering wheel. So if I understand as long as my 2009 Silverado LS wheel has cruise control the harness for the radio control is already there? It should just be plug and play? Anyone have a part number for the leather wrapped wheel with cruise and radio controls, and black center spokes? I belive thats what GM calls Ebony? Thanks alot for the info everyone!

#2 Zakman

Zakman

Enthusiast

• 377 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

Yes, you plug the steering wheel with radio controls into the same plug-in the old one goes into. I did this on my 2008 LS and it was plug and play. I am not sure of the part number for the steering wheel, check Ebay or Schramms Auto-thats where are I got mine for $105 shipped!! The most difficult part of the project is getting the air bag out. Make sure you disconnect the Neg terminal on you battery and allow 15 minutes for the energy to completly drain off.

You may consider getting the version with Titanium and swap the Titanium for your Ebony, this way you'll have more options finding the right steering wheel. :crazy: Good Luck

Posted Image

2010 Black Z-71, CC, 4X4, 1500
Mods: Chrome Door Handles, 275/65/18" Destination A/T Tires, 2" Rough Country Lift, 3" rear blocks, Comp/Temp mirror, Spray in bed-liner, Black front and rear Bow-Ties.
Acc: Lund Soft Tonneau, Molded GM bug shield, Chevy molded laps, nerf bars, Chrome Tow Hooks, Chrome Grill inserts, AirAid filter, Chrome tailgate handle, AVS vent shades and stainless steel hide-away tie-downs.

Sold: 2008 White, CC, 4X4, 1500

#3 Kilo-9

Kilo-9

Dog Is My Copilot!

• 2,074 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

I bought mine from Schramm's, too. I added the control pod, internal wiring, and rear shroud from the used wheel to my original wheel.
2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ Black Granite Metallic
2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS M6

#4 C. Charles Hahn

C. Charles Hahn

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,005 posts
  • Name:Charlie
  • Drives:08 Sierra CCSB All Terrain

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

Schram's is a good place to deal with; they're located right in my back yard (well, ok, 15 miles from my house) and they also have a pick-and-pull yard onsite.... I'm always getting parts from them.
2008 GMC Sierra CC SLT "All Terrain" Z71 4x4
Stealth Gray Metallic | Ebony UltraSoft Leather | 5.3L FlexFuel AFM-Delete V8 | 3.73 Locking Differential (G80)
Airaid MIT | K&N Drop-In | HP Tuners | Line-X Over-the-Rail | Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite | Spencer's 6K HID Conversion Low Beams and Fogs | OEM Navigation | OEM OnStar Bluetooth | Addco Front & Rear Sway Bars

2009 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD
Quicksilver Metallic | Ebony Leather | 5.3L AFM V8 | 3.42 Locking Differential (G80)
"IEATSRT8'S" CAI | Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar | HP Tuners

#5 99kon

99kon

Enthusiast

• 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

Here you go!
Look around though, ebay craigslist etc.
I found mine on craigslist for $50 used but it looks new

Edited by 99kon, 26 November 2009 - 11:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users