2009 Silverado Outside Temperature Sensor?

I was hoping someone might know....I have an 09 Silverado LS.I've added the DIC to the truck but I want to see if I can hook up the ambient air(outside)temp sensor.I know GM moved the read out from the rear view mirror to the DIC display. I have the new sensor part # 15826773 but I'm not sure if the plug and harness are on the truck or not? Has anyone done this mod yet? If not does anyone know where the plug in might be? It seems GM pretty much wires these things for most options and then just adds whats ordered on the truck. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

On my 07, the temp is still in the mirror. On the 09's they moved it to the DIC. I'd bet that if the sensor is plugged in, you'll need some kind of dealer programming to add it. Otherwise, it would show as one of the functions.

:thumbs: My 08 has 2 ambient temp. sensors, located right in front of the radiator behind the grill and mounted to the diagonal bracing on each side of the tranny cooler. If you dont have plugs hanging in that general area, I'd say you don't have the option of adding it to DIC. If there are unused plugs that can be used, you'd probably need the dealer to activate them. Just my 2 cents...

post-33461-1259158996_thumb.jpg

post-33461-1259159029_thumb.jpg

:smash: My 08 has 2 ambient temp. sensors, located right in front of the radiator behind the grill and mounted to the diagonal bracing on each side of the tranny cooler. If you dont have plugs hanging in that general area, I'd say you don't have the option of adding it to DIC. If there are unused plugs that can be used, you'd probably need the dealer to activate them. Just my 2 cents...

Two? I wonder why there is two? Thanks for the pics! I'll have to go and double check but unfortunetly I don't believe I have the pugs there so It's probably a NO GO! :uhoh:

:smash: My 08 has 2 ambient temp. sensors, located right in front of the radiator behind the grill and mounted to the diagonal bracing on each side of the tranny cooler. If you dont have plugs hanging in that general area, I'd say you don't have the option of adding it to DIC. If there are unused plugs that can be used, you'd probably need the dealer to activate them. Just my 2 cents...

Two? I wonder why there is two? Thanks for the pics! I'll have to go and double check but unfortunetly I don't believe I have the pugs there so It's probably a NO GO! :lol:

I'm guessing that one has to do with the Auto Climate...from what I can tell the trucks with the Auto Climate Control have two up front...where as all the others only have the one. :uhoh:

Maybe all we need is a harness that goes to the main harness.

Ill keep digging around.

Any techs that can chime in?

Well I do have a little more info on this. The 2007-2008 trucks have the wiring harness running from the driver's side to the sensor. 2009 have the wiring harness running to the passenger side. At least I have a general idea where to look now. I did notice that I have an open harness down low where the fog light would be on the passeger side of the truck. I assume this is actually the plug for the fog light as I don't have the fogs on my truck?

:thumbs: My 08 has 2 ambient temp. sensors, located right in front of the radiator behind the grill and mounted to the diagonal bracing on each side of the tranny cooler. If you dont have plugs hanging in that general area, I'd say you don't have the option of adding it to DIC. If there are unused plugs that can be used, you'd probably need the dealer to activate them. Just my 2 cents...

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

Two? I wonder why there is two? Thanks for the pics! I'll have to go and double check but unfortunetly I don't believe I have the pugs there so It's probably a NO GO! :lol:

I'm guessing that one has to do with the Auto Climate...from what I can tell the trucks with the Auto Climate Control have two up front...where as all the others only have the one. :fume:

Bingo! One is for the auto climate control.

I'm guessing that one has to do with the Auto Climate...from what I can tell the trucks with the Auto Climate Control have two up front...where as all the others only have the one. :fume:

Bingo! One is for the auto climate control.

Ah o.k. That makes sense!

Archived