Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2009 Silverado Outside Temperature Sensor?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 JayzDaMan

JayzDaMan

Enthusiast

• 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

So I recieved my factory for light kit today. Looking through the instuctions.... it looks like the kit comes with it's own harness that you have to run up to the junction box. I guess that open plug that I saw down on the passenger side of the front bumper has nothing to do with the fog lights. I wonder if that's the temp sensor lead? The end doesn't look like it will fit into the temp sensor unless I'm missing some kind of adaptor between the harness and the new sensor?

#17 99kon

99kon

Enthusiast

• 199 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

Find anything else about this jayz

#18 JayzDaMan

JayzDaMan

Enthusiast

• 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

Find anything else about this jayz

That's funny jut started looking into this yesterday again. I think the only option would be to buy a Gentex mirror with Onstar, auto dimming, outside temp display and compass.(Gentex makes the mirrors for GM).Kinda pricey though..$250. Basically it would be the same set up as the 07 and 08 had before GM changed the read out to the insterment cluster. Only question is would the mirror harness on the 09 just plug into the new Gentex mirror?If it does the only thing that you would have to do would be to run the wires to the temp sensor and mount the sensor behind the grill.(The new mirror comes with the sensor and harness). How about you?...any luck? :lol:

#19 JayzDaMan

JayzDaMan

Enthusiast

• 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

I was hoping someone might know....I have an 09 Silverado LS.I've added the DIC to the truck but I want to see if I can hook up the ambient air(outside)temp sensor.I know GM moved the read out from the rear view mirror to the DIC display. I have the new sensor part # 15826773 but I'm not sure if the plug and harness are on the truck or not? Has anyone done this mod yet? If not does anyone know where the plug in might be? It seems GM pretty much wires these things for most options and then just adds whats ordered on the truck. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Any one know if the Gentex mirror replacement would work?

#20 99kon

99kon

Enthusiast

• 199 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Have been looking around in the other forums but nothing.

Havent really had time to look for harness on the truck. I did look behind the grill and found nothing.

#21 white07gmc

white07gmc

Enthusiast

• 236 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

Question.... I have the stock POS folding onstar mirror and a friend of mine gave me a NEW gentex auto dim Temp mirror and I was wondering if I replace the Onstar mirror with a non Onstar mirror will that mess things up? I don't have a subscription to Onstart and I never will because I think it's crap.

Let m know.

Thanks,
Jason

Posted Image

Kenwood DNX 7100 / Kenwood Bluetooth / Kenwood Backup Camera / 2 Kicker 10" CVR's / Alpine MRP M350 / 8000k HID Headlights / 8000k HID Fog Lights / Pace Edwards JackRabbit W/ Explorer Rails / 2x Sprocket Rocket Racks / Load Warrior Basket / Passport Sr7 With Laser Shifters / Hypertech Max Energy

#22 Zakman

Zakman

Enthusiast

• 377 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

I swapped my isrvm out with a dimming and compass/temp one awhile ago. Here is the link to the write-up I did then.

http://www.gm-trucks...?...akman&st=15

Posted Image

2010 Black Z-71, CC, 4X4, 1500
Mods: Chrome Door Handles, 275/65/18" Destination A/T Tires, 2" Rough Country Lift, 3" rear blocks, Comp/Temp mirror, Spray in bed-liner, Black front and rear Bow-Ties.
Acc: Lund Soft Tonneau, Molded GM bug shield, Chevy molded laps, nerf bars, Chrome Tow Hooks, Chrome Grill inserts, AirAid filter, Chrome tailgate handle, AVS vent shades and stainless steel hide-away tie-downs.

Sold: 2008 White, CC, 4X4, 1500

#23 99kon

99kon

Enthusiast

• 199 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

I swapped my isrvm out with a dimming and compass/temp one awhile ago. Here is the link to the write-up I did then.

And your ONSTAR kept working?

#24 white07gmc

white07gmc

Enthusiast

• 236 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

It looks like you purchased a mirror out of a vehicle that had onstar. I have a mirror that doesn't have onstar buttons.

Posted Image

Kenwood DNX 7100 / Kenwood Bluetooth / Kenwood Backup Camera / 2 Kicker 10" CVR's / Alpine MRP M350 / 8000k HID Headlights / 8000k HID Fog Lights / Pace Edwards JackRabbit W/ Explorer Rails / 2x Sprocket Rocket Racks / Load Warrior Basket / Passport Sr7 With Laser Shifters / Hypertech Max Energy

#25 Zakman

Zakman

Enthusiast

• 377 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Yes, On Star worked with no problems. I just looked at a co-workers 2009 Silvy today and it has the On-Star on the mirror but no Temp/Compass. I presume his auto dims as well.

Posted Image

2010 Black Z-71, CC, 4X4, 1500
Mods: Chrome Door Handles, 275/65/18" Destination A/T Tires, 2" Rough Country Lift, 3" rear blocks, Comp/Temp mirror, Spray in bed-liner, Black front and rear Bow-Ties.
Acc: Lund Soft Tonneau, Molded GM bug shield, Chevy molded laps, nerf bars, Chrome Tow Hooks, Chrome Grill inserts, AirAid filter, Chrome tailgate handle, AVS vent shades and stainless steel hide-away tie-downs.

Sold: 2008 White, CC, 4X4, 1500

#26 BigPimpin

BigPimpin

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:29 AM

I have an 08 silverado ls and saw that you all said the temp was on the mirrors...does anyone have a part number for the mirror and sensor i need to run. thanks

#27 HarryK

HarryK

Enthusiast

• 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Any new info on this guys? I have a '10 Reg Cab WT V6 and have added the DIC buttons...works great...it'd be great to add temp to the display.

#28 HarryK

HarryK

Enthusiast

• 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

ANy GM techs that can help out? Jay anything further? I located the wiring harness on the front passenger side behind the front grill plugged into what looks like a dummy plug....

I have a 2010 WT 4.3 4WD Reg Cab...have already done the DIC upgrade

Thanks!

#29 Foley Fats

Foley Fats

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

I have a 2009 Silverado LS Reg cab std bed work truck and I have added the DIC also. I also have an Aeroforce Interceptor Scan gauge and it shows the ambient temperature. So, I'm wondering now, can you take the truck to the dealer to get some kind of feature flash turn on for the ECM to add more stuff to display in the DIC? I can show the ambient temperature from the scan gauge but it does not show up in the DIC.
2011 Silverado RCSB
5.3L AFM 6 Speed 3.42 Axle

#30 Clarke33

Clarke33

Enthusiast

• 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

I just did the DIC upgrade to my '10 Silverado LS and was disappointed to see I still didn't have the compass/temp function. My '06 HHR I just got rid of had more goodies from the factory than my new LS and that just doesn't seem right. I am going to get in touch with one of the dealership techs and see what I need to do to get this function operable. This guy works on the side and does tunes also. He has done some work for me in the past and is very knowledgeable so I will let Y'all know what he says after I get in touch with him.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here