Bose Speaker Replacement?

I have a 2009 Sierra crew with the bose system. Has anyone just replace their door speakers only and kept the bose amp, sub, head unit and tweeters. I was wondering if this would improve sound quality or not? If so do you have to worry about the new speakers ohms? I just want to improve sound, but do not want to mess up stock radio and amp.

I have a 2009 Sierra crew with the bose system. Has anyone just replace their door speakers only and kept the bose amp, sub, head unit and tweeters. I was wondering if this would improve sound quality or not? If so do you have to worry about the new speakers ohms? I just want to improve sound, but do not want to mess up stock radio and amp.

go to a website called the12volt.com they will have a the answer there for you most likely and if they dont you can post your question and get an answer pretty quickly in most cases.

Thanks. Did you replace yours?

Replaced all four of my crappy 6.5s with 6x9's and love the result. I have nonbose, so I installed an amp under the passenger seat using a kit called an "add an amp" kit that interfaced with the factory wiring. ie no cutting

DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF SOUND YOU LIKE, I WOULD PREFER INFINITY OR ALPINE. INFINITY ARE GREAT ALL AROUND SPEAKER WITH GREAT BASS AND AN AWESOME CRISP ELEGANT SOUND TOO THEM, WERE AS THE ALPINES ARE GREAT TOO BUT BUILT MORE FOR THE BASS IN MIND AND CRISP SOUND. HOPE THIS HELPS

I love the bose. I just think a aftermarket speaker might give better results. The pictures I see of the actual bose speakers make me think that the aftermarket speaker will give more punch, especially if you look at the magnet size of the bose.

I have had the Bose system in 3 GM vehicles now and the system is a joke....definitely not worth the money for the "upgrade" IMO. It sounds OK but definitely not any better than the stock systems in many other vehicles.

+1 Always sounds decent when test driving but after a few weeks of driving it sounds pretty lame IMO. I had to add amps and speakers and a sub.

Does anyone know what ohm's the door speakers are in the 2009 Sierra bose system? If you did replace wouldn't you need to get a speaker with the same ohm's?

In my 08, the rears were 3.7 and the fronts were a little over 2 IIRC. If you are sticking with the bose, then yes, you would want to stay with something in the same range. Higher impedance and it will be more quiet, lower impedance and you could fry the amp.

Archived