Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JayzDaMan

2009 Silverado Steering Wheel Part Number?

I'm hoping someone has done the steering wheel swap to gain audio controls on a 09 Silverado? I was just about to order Part# 15917931(2007-2008) but thought for the heck of it I would check with GMparts direct to see what was listed for 2009. They show a different part # 25853070. I can get the 15917931 locally but would have to special order the other number.I thought maybe the 25853070 that they list for the 09 maybe comes with the bluetooth button? So I've tried searching the forum and couldn't find anyone with a 09 that has done the swap to see what part number they used. Thanks alot for the help! Great site!!

I'm hoping someone has done the steering wheel swap to gain audio controls on a 09 Silverado? I was just about to order Part# 15917931(2007-2008) but thought for the heck of it I would check with GMparts direct to see what was listed for 2009. They show a different part # 25853070. I can get the 15917931 locally but would have to special order the other number.I thought maybe the 25853070 that they list for the 09 maybe comes with the bluetooth button? So I've tried searching the forum and couldn't find anyone with a 09 that has done the swap to see what part number they used. Thanks alot for the help! Great site!!

Don't know if you are interested or not, but I will have a 09 GMC Sierra SLT Steering Wheel here For-Sale Very Shortly, along with the SIR Coil that contains provisions for the Cruise Control and Audio Controls and Bluetooth...I have already removed it from my truck, just need to make the For-Sale Ad...it was only used for 1600 miles.

Don't know if you are interested or not, but I will have a 09 GMC Sierra SLT Steering Wheel here For-Sale Very Shortly, along with the SIR Coil that contains provisions for the Cruise Control and Audio Controls and Bluetooth...I have already removed it from my truck, just need to make the For-Sale Ad...it was only used for 1600 miles.

you have a message :)

you have a message :)

When I called the dealership to get a price from them I used part number 1591793. That should work for 2009's as well as that is what I have. Haven't switched out steering wheels yet but plan to soon.

Well thanks very much. I wonder why they changed the part numbers? Maybe for the bluetooth icon on the audio controls? I think I'll just oder the part number you listed and hope everything goes good. Thanks again. Take care.

did you ask a dealership?? I called the salesman who sold me the truck and gave him a few part numbers to verify they were the right parts and make sure they fit my truck and find out prices. He called me back a few minutes later with what each part number was and how much the dealership charged for it. Won't hurt to just check with them

Yes I tried doing that but unfortunetly with out a proper VIN # from a 2009 silverado with the steering wheel I need, they don't seem to be to willing to help. I can't see GM changing much from the 2007-2008 wheel to the 2009? Unless like i said it has something to do with the bluetooth function. Hopefully someone else will chime in that has done the swap on a 2009 so we can verify part #. :)

My friend just bought a 2009 Silverado last week with the steering controls. I'll see if I can get a VIN number from him if you want?

Hey thanks for the offer. I went ahead and ordered the part# 15917931. Seems that what most people are using. Hope everything works out. I'd still like to know why it's a different part# for the 2009? Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

Hey thanks for the offer. I went ahead and ordered the part# 15917931. Seems that what most people are using. Hope everything works out. I'd still like to know why it's a different part# for the 2009? Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

I just bought a 2010 LT yesterday and would like to add steering wheel audio controls. The part number I found on GMPD is 25853070 (ebony leather steering wheel with controls), as you indicated in your original post.

Did 15917931 work for you?

TIA.

Tipsy

I just bought a 2010 LT yesterday and would like to add steering wheel audio controls. The part number I found on GMPD is 25853070 (ebony leather steering wheel with controls), as you indicated in your original post.

Did 15917931 work for you?

TIA.

Tipsy

Anyone order an audio control steering wheel for a 2010?

15917931 is listed as the part for '07-'08. Anyone using this part number with the '09-'10? Trying to detremine if it's in fact compatibale with the 2010? 25853070 is the part number I came up with on GMPD.

TIA.

Tipsy

15917931 is listed as the part for '07-'08. Anyone using this part number with the '09-'10? Trying to detremine if it's in fact compatibale with the 2010? 25853070 is the part number I came up with on GMPD.

TIA.

Tipsy

Based on the fact that '09-10 switches/wheels can be used in '07-08 trucks successfully, it would stand to reason that an '07-08 wheel would work in an '09-10 truck.

TIA.

Tipsy

Based on the fact that '09-10 switches/wheels can be used in '07-08 trucks successfully, it would stand to reason that an '07-08 wheel would work in an '09-10 truck.

I know that's a logical deduction but I just wanted to see if anyone could verify from personal experince before I buy a part I can't return.

Also, do I understand correctly that if I buy a complete steering wheel, I can retain my existing wheel and just use the switches and bezel from the new/donor wheel?

TIA.

Tipsy

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.