How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

Just saw something that caught my attention the newer trucks that have Blue/white-ish color on the the steering wheel controls..

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTMyWDgwMA==/z/AaQAAOSwnDxUkGN0/$_57.JPG So may need to order 1 new left side switch for the heater button and re-use the right side since its the same green, unless there's a tiny bulb inside the switch? Can anybody shed some light on this?

Green cruise with heater switch: #15824113

Blue/White cruise with heater switch: #15824112

Where did you find info for the color to part number?

I am thinking LEDS for lights, but never had one apart.

Do you know a model year when the color changed?

There doesn't seem to be a straight answer anywhere, i did see someone mention it on another thread but can't find it now, but here's what i came up with, the dash lights and steering wheel lights for the 2012-14 tahoe are white/blue as well as all escalades 07+, 11/12+ sierra denali, 2012-13 avalanche. The rest of them like silverados, sierra, and suburban are all green.

Edited by 09SierraZ71

The steering wheel buttons on my 2011 Silverado are the blue, not green. Maybe since it's an LTZ?

My radio buttons are part number 25851951 (for an ebony wheel) and are blue lights if that helps. This was a non heated wheel, so I did not look at the part number for the cruise buttons, but could if you need that part number.

I think the wheel I installed 22947811 was meant for an Escalade or possibly a Yukon Denali. It has blue lit buttons and matches my other dash lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great man! How much did that run you? Also good point about the clock spring, 2013 uses a different one than the 07-2012 trucks. Im placing my order soon, just need to know if the buttons will be blue/white on that steering wheel. Since I would order a seperate cruise with heater button to make sure its green (dont want to waste money if I dont need it),and dont want have to take it apart again. Could you post the part number on the cruise switch and the radio buttons? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The cost for everything was just over $500, parts are so expensive in Canada.

Finally got it installed tonight, looks factory and works great. Wasn't very hard to install, pictures below. The buttons are the same colour as my OEM wheel and match the dash lights as well.

IMG_0171_zps0265cfec.jpg

IMG_0170_zps066186c6.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsfa771c78.jpg

• Like 1