How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ebony Heated Steering Wheel, (w/o woodgrain), PN.20998064. GM List $322.11

New SIR Coil, PN.25966964. GM List $182.45

GM Wire Harness, PN.25807858. GM List is $119.19

thanks. Now to get ordering. I thought this was a joke heated steering wheel till I drove the ol lady's charger. It is a nice feature.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Has anyone successfully ordered the steering wheel (20998064) from gmpartsdirect and received the right one?

I emailed them and asked them to confirm that it was the heated version and they said that they needed a VIN from a vehicle with the heated wheel. Can anyone help me with either of these questions?

Thanks,

George

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the parts and am basically done, However... I think they sent me the wrong SIR coil. I have the extra green wire for the heated wheel but the airbag plugs are different. My old SIR had blue and yellow plugs. This new one has pink and white. The part number on the new coil says 25966964. Is it possible that it's labeled wrong. Can anyone tell me what colors they have?

I have a 2013 silverado but i would love to hear from anyone who has done this as to what the colors are.

When i search ebay for this part number, the top 2 results are different (one like my current SIR and one like the new one).

I do see that the pics in this how-to have the pink and white plugs - which are different than my factory ones...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/105656-heated-steering-wheel-install-in-gmt-900-sierra/

I ended up snipping off the connectors on the airbag wires and splicing the old ones on. I hooked up the battery and started my truck from the passenger's seat ;) - the airbag is still intact. However, the heated wheel doesn't work and the light for it doesn't turn on. The cruise control switch turns on but i guess that has a separate power so that doesn't really narrow down the problem...

I tried to verify the green connections with the wheel still in place and everything looks/feels good. I guess i will be pulling the wheel tomorrow and see if i can figure out what's going on.

Does anybody have any advice or has anyone tried this in a 2013 Silverado LT yet?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hello Fellas....

Ok I did a little research after reading recent post about guys doing this mod with a 2013 or newer truck.

I got a vin number for a 2013 2500HD deniali .. The clocking spring fits 2013 trucks with the heated wheel and updated airbag..

I will be installing this mod on my New/Used 2013 Chevy 2500HD LTZ in a week or so. I will follow up with pictures and part numbers.

I believe that it should work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK i did this mod..

I have a 2013 2500HD

I bought a ful harness, a clocking spring from GM for a Denili 2500HD

Note, Even with the correct harness, when connected to the sterring wheel did not work,

So i ended up cuting the harness and saving the "connecter" with some leads left. I extended the cut leads and attached one to ground and the other to a switched on source in the BCM.

Light for the heated wheel comes on.. but I do not feel my wheel getting hot.... so I'll have to investage it more tomorrow...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just catching up on here .. update is the heated steering wheel is installed.

2013 2500HD crew cab short bed LTZ

I used a Denali 2500HD clocking spring... I also bought the complete wiring harness that runs to the BCM (don't waste your money buyinh the wiring harness)

Clocking spring and Steering wheel.. then run two wires, one to chassis ground and the other to the BCM. I found a terminal that had power when key on only.

any questions message me...

• Like 1