How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

Two questions:

Does the heated wheel turn on with remote start after this mod is performed to a non-Denali?

Does the heated wheel turn on with remote start in a factory installed heated wheel Denali optioned truck?

No and No...as far as I am aware...checked this out back in 07 when I installed the one in my 2007 Truck.

DO you want to sell your old wheel?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greate howto article. Couple of questions:

1. I have a 2007 Yukon Denali without the heated steering wheel option. Will I still need to buy a new SIR coil? I assume so, but they may have just used the same one for all and only the steering wheel is different.

2. Where did you get your heated steering wheel? I searched EBay and did not find one. I suppose junk yards are another source.

Thanks!!

Greate howto article. Couple of questions:

1. I have a 2007 Yukon Denali without the heated steering wheel option. Will I still need to buy a new SIR coil? I assume so, but they may have just used the same one for all and only the steering wheel is different.

2. Where did you get your heated steering wheel? I searched EBay and did not find one. I suppose junk yards are another source.

Thanks!!

If you don't have a heated wheel, you'll need a new SIR coil.

Hey Trav13 do you still have the old steering wheel? will it work and fit my truck? also since you have already tore apart the wheel maybe you can help me out. do you know if the column is factory wired to accept radio controls? mine does not have steering controls and i want to chg my sheering wheel for one that does have controls. your thoughts?? thanks

Hey Trav13 do you still have the old steering wheel? will it work and fit my truck? also since you have already tore apart the wheel maybe you can help me out. do you know if the column is factory wired to accept radio controls? mine does not have steering controls and i want to chg my sheering wheel for one that does have controls. your thoughts?? thanks

I sold the Steering Wheel I removed....as far as I have read on this board, if you have Cruise Control...all you need to do is simply swap out a wheel with the Cruise/Radio Controls and Everything Will be Plug and Play.

thanks for the reply... yeah.. after reading page after page now i know it is as simple as getting a new wheel an away you go. :shakehead: i am now looking for a wheel. the price has come down on a new one from gmpartsdirect... they cost 172 bucks which isnt too bad. the cheapest used i found they wanted 125 bucks so for a couple bucks more i will just get the new one.

I sold the Steering Wheel I removed....as far as I have read on this board, if you have Cruise Control...all you need to do is simply swap out a wheel with the Cruise/Radio Controls and Everything Will be Plug and Play.

thanks for the reply... yeah.. after reading page after page now i know it is as simple as getting a new wheel an away you go. :shakehead: i am now looking for a wheel. the price has come down on a new one from gmpartsdirect... they cost 172 bucks which isnt too bad. the cheapest used i found they wanted 125 bucks so for a couple bucks more i will just get the new one.

Try Nordstrom's Auto in South Dakota...they are a New GM Dismantler....that is where I have always gotten my Steering Wheels at Great Prices.

Great write up!

Boy, I'd sure like to do this to my '08 Avalanche.

Gets cold here in Illinois! :shakehead:

Didn't realize but it looks like you are right up the road from me...I am in Champaign...welcome to GM Trucks

Funny... thats where i got a quote for 125 bucks. :P

thanks for the reply... yeah.. after reading page after page now i know it is as simple as getting a new wheel an away you go. :P i am now looking for a wheel. the price has come down on a new one from gmpartsdirect... they cost 172 bucks which isnt too bad. the cheapest used i found they wanted 125 bucks so for a couple bucks more i will just get the new one.

Try Nordstrom's Auto in South Dakota...they are a New GM Dismantler....that is where I have always gotten my Steering Wheels at Great Prices.

• 2 months later...