How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

Just received my heated steering wheel.Going to stop by the dealership tomorrow and order the SIR coil.I will check the fuse box to see what kind of connector I need for the hot wire.What guage of wire did you use?How do I make sure I line up the steering wheel and steering shaft so they go back together perfectly centered?Thanks,Andy.

Im looking for a wheel with the the audio controls for my 2010 SLE. Anybody have one they want to sell?

I have one for sale. PM sent...

• 2 months later...

Hi

Hope someone can help

I have a 2010 Sierra Denali without the heated steering wheel.

I purchased the Sierra Denali heated steering wheel and I wanted my dealer to install it.

I took my truck there for the install and they took the old wheel off, but they could not find the wires for power/ground.

They verified that I have the correct harness and coil, but they could not find the connections.

They had to put my old wheel back on.

Can anyone help me?

How does my dealer hook up a heated steering wheel to my truck, which should already have the wires needed?

Hi

Hope someone can help

I have a 2010 Sierra Denali without the heated steering wheel.

I purchased the Sierra Denali heated steering wheel and I wanted my dealer to install it.

I took my truck there for the install and they took the old wheel off, but they could not find the wires for power/ground.

They verified that I have the correct harness and coil, but they could not find the connections.

They had to put my old wheel back on.

Can anyone help me?

How does my dealer hook up a heated steering wheel to my truck, which should already have the wires needed?

PAGE 1 STEP 11.... I found on my wife's Yukon Denali she didn't have the wire either, Dealer said for this option there is no wire if its not on there from the factory.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious about the part number for this as well. Thanks!

***EDIT: Just found out that Chevy is selling a non-wood steering wheel on 2012 Suburbans. That part number is 20998064 for ebony and titanium.

Edited by GTBULLITT68

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

62a8a338-5735-88a6.jpg

Please verify part numbers before posting and before ordering. Let me be the example of what can happen if you order without checking.

Purchased from gmpartsdirect.com: Part No. 20998064, thinking it would be an ebony and titanium non-wood steering wheel from a Chevy Suburban. Received a non-heated wheel as shown.

I still need to verify if there was a mistake made and where. But ultimately I will take the responsibility of not double checking the part number before I ordered. Assuming the correct information regarding part numbers that were posted is my mistake so please learn from me. I will proceed to request for an exchange or return since gmpartsdirect.com states no returns on special orders.

I have yet to find a good GM part number for an ebony non-wood heated steering wheel although I do believe it is out there.

On a more positive note, I did receive the correct coil clock spring for the heated wheel which was part number: 25966964.

62a8a338-5f21-dba9.jpg

Same for the pigtail connector to hard wire to the vehicle purchased from ssconnectors.com part number: 60296271(ssconnectors part number).

62a8a338-5f96-50d6.jpg

Hi Chusteveb,

I'm sorry that the part number was incorrect. That is the number that I was given by my dealership back at the end of January. A couple of things had come up limiting my available funds and I was unable to order the wheel for confirmation. I wish you the best of luck in returning the wheel and receiving a full refund!

I've been checking around and I found an Avalanche site that also said that 20998064 was the heated/ non wood steering wheel and he had pics and everything. Strange that when ordered from gmpartsdirect a non heated one arrived. If anyone knows the part number of an ebony non wood steering wheel please post as I would love to install in my 2011 sierra SLE. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone made any progress with this? Winter is right around the corner and it gets cold here in Winnipeg. Lol. I would love to get a heated non wood ebony steering wheel and didn't think it would be this hard to find a part number but I haven't found one yet despite my searching.