Automatic Car Wash Question

About a month ago I bought a 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4x4. I am wondering if this truck can go through the local Car Wash without any problems. I would asume that I would have to fold in the Trailer Tow Mirrors flat to the driver and passenger glass, but will the LT265/70R17 tires have trouble fitting inside the guide rails? Otherwise, I will have to either find a touchless car wash or do it myself in the driveway when the nicer weather comes back next spring. I have the Carbon Black Metallic paint and it really shows the dirt.

Do you guys use a commercial car wash or not?

Thanks

I normally don't take my truck to any automated car washes. I do it in the driveway when its warm, or when its cold, like it is now (about 5" of snow in my backyard lol), I go to a heated, spray-it-yourself car wash about 10 min down the road.

I actually found I could get my 08 CC LB dually in the no-touch car wash near me. I drive as far into the stop - light as I can and don't even have to fold the mirrors. But it better be in the center.

Mark.

About two weeks ago I went to a car wash that advertised large vehicles fit. I pull in with CCLB and the attendent came out "IT WON"T FIT". I was like you say large vehicles fit....his reply "NOT THAT BIG" So I left. I know 9 times out of 10 it won't fit in automatic car washes. But I thought what the hell I'll try it. NO GO!

I had one of those automated carriage type washes (where the truck stays still) that thought the cab was the end of the truck and the arms came crashing in and creased both sides of my bed. I only go self spray when I don't feel like dragging out the pressure washer.

• 3 weeks later...
About a month ago I bought a 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4x4. I am wondering if this truck can go through the local Car Wash without any problems. I would asume that I would have to fold in the Trailer Tow Mirrors flat to the driver and passenger glass, but will the LT265/70R17 tires have trouble fitting inside the guide rails? Otherwise, I will have to either find a touchless car wash or do it myself in the driveway when the nicer weather comes back next spring. I have the Carbon Black Metallic paint and it really shows the dirt.

Thanks

That truck will fir into most inbay automatics and tunnels. I own 2 of them and both my last truck 2004HD with 285s and my current truck a 09 2500hd fit without any problems. Matter of fact my 2004 was washed 347 times in one day. It was the test vehicle when wash was installed.

Thanks

That truck will fir into most inbay automatics and tunnels. I own 2 of them and both my last truck 2004HD with 285s and my current truck a 09 2500hd fit without any problems. Matter of fact my 2004 was washed 347 times in one day. It was the test vehicle when wash was installed.

Bet you had that dreaded on-star antenna leak! :jester: J/K 347 times x how much wax it got x how well it was sprayed underside (biggest thing that you miss when washing your truck by hand) x the thin sheetmetal roof and hood bending in and out from the blower fans, = ???

Thanks

Bet you had that dreaded on-star antenna leak! :jester: J/K 347 times x how much wax it got x how well it was sprayed underside (biggest thing that you miss when washing your truck by hand) x the thin sheetmetal roof and hood bending in and out from the blower fans, = ???

No the antenna never leaked. The chevy emblem started peeling off of the front grill. The hood does flex in with the dryers but it pops right back out. The 09 is a lot worse on flexing that the 04 was. Undercar wash was on for all those washes. and a coat of clearcoat protectant every time also. It was a while before mud would even stick to it.

No the antenna never leaked. The chevy emblem started peeling off of the front grill. The hood does flex in with the dryers but it pops right back out. The 09 is a lot worse on flexing that the 04 was. Undercar wash was on for all those washes. and a coat of clearcoat protectant every time also. It was a while before mud would even stick to it.

Your telling me. I'm noticing considerable flex in the hood on my new 08 2500, just going over small bumps. Can they make the metal any thinner? good grief..

Archived