DUAL Elec. 150 Flex-a-Lite Fan Installation $200!

kctrading

thumb-dualfans.jpg

Why spend almost $400 on a 250/260 system when you can get two used 150 flex-a-lite fans (black Magic) that put out 400 cfm more and cover the radiator better for half the price on ebay???

I have an mpeg movie of the installation on my website just click on the movie section to see it!

Also you can use just one control box and relocate it next to the top radiator fan. I run the probe inside the hose and used clear silicone between the hose and sensor tubing (no leaks)...also seems that the single relay in one control box will handle turning on both fans...so far so good!!!

MPG Went up 1mpg and knocked off about .1 off my 0-60 times...also will be much better in the summer as when the stock clutch fan kicked in it felt like I lost 30HP!!! Fans only come on in city driving....temp says the same at freeway speeds...depending on what thermostat you are running.

Hope this helps you out and saves you some money!!!

Ken

www.kctrading.net/sierra/ (movie section)

How hard is this for the do it yourself w/o a lot of experience with this stuff?  I want to put an electric fan on my truck since I do 95% city driving and want the best fuel economy and performance.  How hard would this be on a new body style truck?  And, I know you can mount it to a switch so you can control when it's on, but can it be made to go on automatically?  

Any tips?  

Any special tools required?  

How long would it take?

BTW, your trucks awesome, I've got all the videos off of your site.  I think his name is Darius, he's an awesome driver.

The thermo switch usually comes with most of the good flex-a-lite kits. They also sell them seperately on their website.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/electacc.htm

These fans are easy to put on and hook up. Usually around 2 hours if you take your time. You have to be willing to part with your fan shroud. I ended up cutting mine and adding the top flat section back on to fill the gap between the radiator and A/C condensor.

Make sure if you have A/C you hook it up to turn on the electric fans when the A/C is on. If you don't, it will blow out your high pressure line if the A/C is on and theres no air flowing over the condenser. I think the 96 and up trucks need a special tool to get the fan off. Mine was just 4 nuts, remove the fan and put the nuts back on. (1995)

Ken, nice quick truck, and a total sleeper, I love it! There is definately a lot of horsepower to be found in a 350 once you start tweaking and wrenching on them.

Archived