Truxedo Tonneau Cover

Greg

Product Name:  Truxedo

Manufacturer: Shurco (www.truxedo.com)

Purchased at: Mid-West Truck Accessories, Redford, MI

Cost: $365.00 + tax (for S-10)

Skill Level: Easy

Overall Rating: 9

Installation was about an hour.  (Less if you know what you're doing.)  Getting the side rails positioned and tightened was the only tricky part.  Having some spring clamps to hold the rail in place while tightening the hardware would be helpful.  (See time/knowledge disclaimer above.)  The tonneau with front and rear rails come pre-assembled and installs on the side rails very easily.  Just remember to tuck the straps behind the front rail, hanging down in the bed, the first time you put it on.  (Again, see disclaimer above.)  It's very easy to adjust tonneau tension (see website).  The rear rail is solid aluminum and stretches the cover as you latch it.  One negative is that the rear rail only latches on the left side.  I'd like to have some kind of latch on the right side too.  The velcro along the sides works great and has the added benefit of keeping the cover taut as you roll it up from one side.

The finished look is clean and professional.  All visible aluminum parts (cover open or closed) are black anodized.  Once done, I noticed that the gap between the cover and tailgate was larger on one side than the other.  I adjusted the side rail, but to no avail.  Then I noticed that it was the tailgate that was a bit crooked - not the cover.  (See disclaimer above.)

Archived