Power Mirror Was Manually Folded In?

Irv

My BIL manually folded in my passenger side power outside mirror and I am wondering if this screwed anything up or did it not hurt a thing?

I tried them after he told me and reminded him that they were power mirrors and the mirrors come in and out like normal but it seems the passenger side one is slower coming in and out?

Is there anything I can check or do to know for sure if some damage was caused?

Thanks..........Irv

Just pull it back out manually and everything should be fine. I have had people do this to me before as well. No big deal. Still...did you kick him in the tenders?

:)

It crossed my mind to kick him in the stones! LOL Good thing for him it was Christmas day.

Are you saying I should pull it back out manually even though I have already tried and used the power folding mirror feature?

There may be nothing wrong as I never really paid attention to them coming in and out before they were pushed in manually, but like I said above, the passenger side now comes in and out at a different rate/speed but that might have been the way they before anyways??.

I guess I should just be happy they still work I suppose. :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply

In the manual for my truck, it says to cycle them three times...in/out/in or out/in/out. That will get them back in their proper place. If you don't do that, my manual says that than can have excessive shake while going down the road.

This is exactly what I was going to say to do,Do this and you'll be fine :thumbs:

Here ya' go,read this.....

Subject: Left or Right Outside Rearview Mirror Glass Shake or Flutter (Relearn Power Mirrors and Replace Mirror, If Necessary)

Models: 2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2007-2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2007-2009 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali

All Equipped with Power Folding Mirrors (RPO DL3)

Condition:

Some customers may comment that the left or right outside rearview mirror glass shakes or flutters at normal driving speeds.

Cause:

• The mirror may have been accidentally pushed in manually or obstructed while folding.

• The mirror actuator screws may be loose, allowing the mirror to move.

• The metal spring may not have enough tension to hold the mirror from moving.

Correction:

Follow the procedure below to correct this condition.

1. The power folding mirrors should be cycled three complete times to relearn the mirror positions. Then perform a road test and check the mirror glass for stability. If stability is not fixed proceed to Step 2.

2. Remove the mirror glass. Refer to Mirror Face Replacement in SI.

3. Check the torque on the four retaining screws on the actuator.

Tighten the screws to 1.13-1.6 N·m (10-14 lb in).

4. Bend the metal spring up to increase the tension engagement to the mirror housing 13 mm (1/2 in).

5. Install the glass assembly by pressing firmly, taking care not to allow the spring finger to unseat from its intended track in the mirror housing. Road test the vehicle. If stability is not improved, replace the mirror assembly. Refer to Power Mirror Replacement in SI.

My vote goes to the stones, and like Rich posted, just cycle it. I've had people do that to my truck before. I had some piece of sh*t just slam my mirror in a parking lot, I was far away from everyone else and that "gangsta" parked next to me and hit my mirror on purpose. So once out of view I hit his mirror, lucky I didn't put my foot through his window.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone ever have any issue with one mirror not movinig, but you hear a moan or a grind fro the drivers side mirror?

Yes. Both mirrors make the same noise but only one folds. The motor that doesnt fold runs a about 5 secs longer. I assume that its trying to catch. It caught once(a while ago) and folded in but would not fold out. Not sure what's the problem.

• 1 month later...

Yes. Both mirrors make the same noise but only one folds. The motor that doesnt fold runs a about 5 secs longer. I assume that its trying to catch. It caught once(a while ago) and folded in but would not fold out. Not sure what's the problem.

Same problem here. Anyone find a fix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived