Want To Get An Exhaust For My 09 5.3l Afm Sierra.

I was going to get an intake, but I have decided to spend the money on an exhaust. My truck is a 2009 Sierra CC SLT with the 5.3L flex fuel AFM engine. It seems like Corsa is the best exhaust for this truck? I want an exhaust that has no drone at all as I put about 35k miles a year on it, also I do not want something too loud. I like the Corsa touring exhaust that has the single exit, I dont think I would like the twin rear pipes. Anyone with this exhaust or the sport please post pics, I'm still not 100% set on the side exhaust I might go with the dual.

This would be the best exhaust for my truck? Reading threads it seems that people get a drone with the magnaflow, flowmaster, and even GMPP exhaust because of the AFM.

I would like to get this exhaust like now, I have no patience. I see some places like autoanything.com have the exhaust but do not list the shipping date till 1 week +. Where can I get this exhaust for a good price, but also from a place that can get it fast, I'm willing to pay for extra shipping.

Tom

Well in my opinion there is no better system than CORSA!!

There is no drone in the cab,There is only a "very slight" rumble when in V4 mode,nothing real noticable,I don't even know its there because I have the radio on all the time.

Here's a few pics....

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

000_0540.jpg

If you watch Autoanything, thay run specials for a day, 10 to 20% off and they used to always have free shipping. I got my Corsa from them. Its the best exhaust I have ever had. I have had Gibson and GMPP exhausts as well.

Just checked, right now they are offering 10% off and free shipping...

http://www.autoanything.com/?kc=affpfx

I really like my MBRP Exhaust on my 09 5.3L Sierra. I've run Flowmaster, Dynomax, MagnaFlow, and Borla on past vehicles. The MBRP has the best sound of any that I've owned before. It sounds so good that I've installed 2 other MBRP systems on friends 08-09 GMT900's (thier request). Check out thier web site. They are very easy bolt-on systems, with options for single-out, dual-out (cowboy style), or dual out (behind the wheels). I've installed both the stainless steel (they have two grades of stainless systems), and an aluminized system. The stainless seems quieter than the aluminized. And my 5.3 with shorty headers and the aluminized has been the loudest so far ...but not overly loud like a 40 series Flowmaster. There is no drone at any speed, but you will notice tone change when AFM kicks-in (only if your listening for it, which I think is true with any performance exhaust on these trucks). ( I turned off AFM with my Diablo Tuner). The price is really right, even for the high end stainless systems.

Best technique is to shop your system and part number at www.mbrp.com , then order from www.autoanything.com ...they have the best prices I've found on a lot of stuff.

I really like my MBRP Exhaust on my 09 5.3L Sierra. I've run Flowmaster, Dynomax, MagnaFlow, and Borla on past vehicles. The MBRP has the best sound of any that I've owned before. It sounds so good that I've installed 2 other MBRP systems on friends 09-09 GMT900's (thier request). Check out thier web site. They are very easy bolt-on systems, with options for single-out, dual-out (cowboy style), or dual out (behind the wheels). I've installed both the stainless steel (they have two grades of stainless systems), and an aluminized system. The stainless seems quieter than the aluminized. And my 5.3 with shorty headers and the aluminized has been the loudest so far ...but not overly loud like a 40 series Flowmaster. There is no drone at any speed, but you will notice tone change when AFM kicks-in (only if your listening for it, which I think is true with any performance exhaust on these trucks). ( I turned off AFM with my Diablo Tuner). The price is really right, even for the high end stainless systems.

Best technique is to shop your system and part number at www.mbrp.com , then order from www.autoanything.com ...they have the best prices I've found on a lot of stuff.

It looks like the MBRP systems are all 3.5" piping. While that would probably be great with a Forced Induction system, I would think that would hurt low end torque due to loss of back pressure. I could be wrong, as I personally haven't changed my stock exhaust yet. I am looking though. Have you noticed any loss of low end power with any of these systems you have installed? With my 20" wheels and 3:42 gear set, I don't think I could afford to lose anything there. But then again, 3:73 gears are cheap :smash:

GPSilverado,

My 09 Sierra also has a 5.3L with the 6-speed, factory 20's, and 3:42 gears (and yes, feels sluggish as hell stock!). I did "percieve" a slight drop in low-end torque with the exhuast system. However, when I bolted on the short-tube headers, it started to give me back my torque. Added the Cold-Air-Intake, and the Diablo Sport tuner ...now its a completely differnt truck!

You could probably skip the headers, and even the cold air intake (if your just looking for sound). But the big kicker is the computer tuner. Wether you do a "custom tune" from someone like BlackBear, or you do a handheld like the Diablo Sport ...it will get you back all your torque and then some...Guaranteed!

You have two choices:

1. Get the Corsa now, and be done with it, or

2. Get something else, be not quite happy, get rid of it , and get a Corsa.

It all ends up the same; you just get to be happy longer.

You have two choices:

1. Get the Corsa now, and be done with it, or

2. Get something else, be not quite happy, get rid of it , and get a Corsa.

It all ends up the same; you just get to be happy longer.

This is my vote :(

No doubt Corsa is great. If you have limited funds, however, you might want to consider Magnaflow (muffler only). I bought a 24" Magnaflow a couple of months back (because of money concerns primarily, and because I have to have someone else install it), but I am very happy. I have to strain to hear any drone, and it has a rich deep tone. But you cannot go wron with either Corsa or Magnaflow in my opinion

I am in a similar search for an exhaust. I am leaning toward the Corsa my only problem is I want to hear a good hum driving down the road. It sounds like the only time you hear the Corsa is when you accelerate from a stop. Is this true? I drive my truck easy, I don't gun it at a start. I have had dual exhaust before that you really only hear when you gun it from a start. Does the Corsa prevent from having to do this, or should I look at another?

• 2 weeks later...
I am in a similar search for an exhaust. I am leaning toward the Corsa my only problem is I want to hear a good hum driving down the road. It sounds like the only time you hear the Corsa is when you accelerate from a stop. Is this true? I drive my truck easy, I don't gun it at a start. I have had dual exhaust before that you really only hear when you gun it from a start. Does the Corsa prevent from having to do this, or should I look at another?

man you cant go wrong with flowmaster deltaflow 44 or original 40 series mufflers,dueled out back with matching stainless steel echo tips 24" long with 3" outlet. my truck sounds really great. my truck is a 2003 GMC Sierra with the beast of a motor 4.8 liter,ex-cab,auto. also go with bigger pipe 2.25" to 3.00" in diameter.

man you cant go wrong with flowmaster deltaflow 44 or original 40 series mufflers,dueled out back with matching stainless steel echo tips 24" long with 3" outlet. my truck sounds really great. my truck is a 2003 GMC Sierra with the beast of a motor 4.8 liter,ex-cab,auto. also go with bigger pipe 2.25" to 3.00" in diameter.

Archived