Update - Rattle Fixed 2010 Silverado

In one of my posts I had talked about a door rattle I had. Well I took the door panel off and added some felt to the area I thought the rattle was coming fromthis past weekend. It didnt work. Last night I played around more and found exactly where it was coming from. It was coming from the trim on the seat. I popped off the cover (see photo) and put some felt next to the seat belt bolt (rubbed on the plastic) and where the plastic clip went in. Its all hidden so you cant see it. I would have sworn the noise was in the door panel by the window but it was actually down low and resonating upwards. Hope this helps. I again have a silent cab for the time being :lol:

DSC01157.JPG

DSC01158.JPG

DSC01157.JPG

DSC01158.JPG

DSC01157.JPG

DSC01158.JPG

DSC01157.JPG

DSC01158.JPG

MY 09 has a rattle which I believe is the right rear seat belt tensioner in the top where the belt goes thru.. I ve tried to quite it but cant seem to get it. Is that a problems area? I thought it was the rear seat butknow am not sure.

The passenger seat lumbar adjustment motor wiring harness flopped against the plastic panel on back of the seat in mine. Carefully removing the panel I discovered two holes in the the seat metal frame for clips taped in the harness to be inserted in. Problem was whoever taped up the harness placed the insert clips in the wrong place, and left them that way. Nothing though that a razor knife and being careful not to cut the wires, I repositioned the inserts , taped back up with 3M 33 Electrical Tape and attached to support holes. Problem solved, no more rattling from seat every time I hit a bump in the road.

Sorry, this is completely off topic, but I noticed in the second pic that you have an aluminum picece that says chevrolet on the door sill. Is that factory and is there one up front too?

Sorry, this is completely off topic, but I noticed in the second pic that you have an aluminum picece that says chevrolet on the door sill. Is that factory and is there one up front too?

Yes it is part of the WEA (Z71) appearance pkg

What do you mean by up front? That is the drivers side door sill. They are also in the back pass doors also

In another topic MSDALE posted part numbers. Search for 2010 truck Pics

Here are the part numbers courtesy of MSDALE

For extended-cab models (53) ...

CASHMERE (31I)(33I) LH#25912910 RH#25912914

EBONY (19I) LH#25912909 RH#25912913

TITANIUM (83I) (84I) LH#25912911 RH#25912915

For crew-cab models (43) ...

FRONT ONES...

CASHMERE (31I)(33I) LH#25792456 RH#25792460

EBONY (19I) LH#25792458 RH#25792462

TITANIUM (83I)(84I) LH#25792457 RH#25792461

REAR ONES...

CASHMERE (31I)(33I) QTY. 2#25912990

EBONY (19I) QTY. 2#25912989

TITANIUM (83I)(84I) QTY. 2#25912991

*The rear sill plates on extended-cab models are the same whether it has the "WEA" appearance pkg. or not,only crew-cabs have different ones,and they are the same part numbers for both left and right side*

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on finding the rattle!! I have the same rattle you describe. I've had the door panel off 3 times now and cannot find anything loose or in place to rattle. I'll have to check the seat. I hope that is it. Drives me freaking crazy. Rattle over every little bump or uneven road surface.

Archived