How Do I Reset This Dic Message?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 brandonjbb

brandonjbb

Enthusiast

• 86 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

It keeps giving me this message. Lots of guys thought I was joking about my truck giving me this message. Here it is. Please help!

Attached Files

Posted Image
James Brandon Bednar
'08 GMC 6.0L Vortec Max - Crew Cab - 4X4 (BlackBear Tune)
'08 Mercedes Benz C350 Sport - AMG Kit
'04 Chevy Silverado - Z71 - 5.3L - Extended
Cab (SOLD)

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.... Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

#2 M. Cueva

M. Cueva

M. Cueva

• Tech Wiki Editor
  • 9,010 posts
  • Drives:2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

you dont...there is an error code causing it to come on...have to code checked to determine the root problem. Once the problem is fixed, then message will go away

Slade_zpsfd1fdb0c.jpg

My Truck:
2006 Silverado Crew Cab with the 4.8 Vortec
See my website for Customizations/Upgrades: Silverado Upgrades/Changes
"Based on Intel's dramatic sales warning Wednesday, you might expect rival Advanced Micro Devices to just crawl into a hole and die."

#3 HalfTon_Hank

HalfTon_Hank

Enthusiast

• 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

Prob a faulty wear indicator sensor in the pad.....might have to replace the pad(s) not sure if they can locate which on...sure they can.
Latest truck 2006 RCSB WHITE LT1 3.42 Z71 G80, SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE, 17 INCH ALLOYS, 2500HD TORSIONS
Old Truck (Sold) 2000 RCLB Indigo Blue body lift 3", 4.10s, 285/75/16, 4.8, 4X4, painted flares, work truck interior.

Posted Image

#4 Neutron

Neutron

Enthusiast

• 453 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

I never realized the GMT900s had that message or the brake wear sensors.
Posted Image
2007 Chevy Silverado Black Ext Cab LT1 2WD Z71.

Upgrades done so far: Airaid Intake Tube, K&N drop-in filter
Soon to be done: Vette Servo, new tires, new Nav unit

GM ELITE TRUCK CLUB MEMBER. Member# 7

#5 jeffbco

jeffbco

Enthusiast

• 118 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

Here's what the manual says - doesn't say anything about pad wear sensor - don't think we have them.

SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM
This message displays along with the brake system
warning light if there is a problem with the brake system.
See Brake System Warning Light on page 3-40. If this
message appears, stop as soon as possible and turn off
the vehicle. Restart the vehicle and check for the
message on the DIC display. If the message is still
displayed or appears again when you begin driving, the
brake system needs service as soon as possible.
See your dealer/retailer.

Edited by jeffbco, 14 January 2010 - 09:57 AM.

#6 krobocop

krobocop

Enthusiast

• 480 posts
  • Name:justin
  • Drives:o7 imperial blue metallic silverado cc tx edition

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

go to the dealer.. get em to run it.. never seen that before myself.

#7 HalfTon_Hank

HalfTon_Hank

Enthusiast

• 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

I never realized the GMT900s had that message or the brake wear sensors.

Not claiming they do....not sure. I know VWs do. And assuming gmt900 have a high probability of having them. If it was an ABS issue i would think an abs light would kick on. Just throwing out my knowledge of cars in general....very curious what the solution is.
Latest truck 2006 RCSB WHITE LT1 3.42 Z71 G80, SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE, 17 INCH ALLOYS, 2500HD TORSIONS
Old Truck (Sold) 2000 RCLB Indigo Blue body lift 3", 4.10s, 285/75/16, 4.8, 4X4, painted flares, work truck interior.

Posted Image

#8 09LowesSilverado

09LowesSilverado

Its Win, Its Awesome, Its Win AND Awesome!

• 1,295 posts
  • Name:Patrick
  • Drives:2009 Cherolet Silverado LT1 4.8 V8

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

Here's what the manual says - doesn't say anything about pad wear sensor - don't think we have them.

SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM
This message displays along with the brake system
warning light if there is a problem with the brake system.
See Brake System Warning Light on page 3-40. If this
message appears, stop as soon as possible and turn off
the vehicle. Restart the vehicle and check for the
message on the DIC display. If the message is still
displayed or appears again when you begin driving, the
brake system needs service as soon as possible.

if you looks at the Picture it says 'SERVICE BRAKES SOON' Found it, its on Page 258/ 3-72 in the DIC Messages.

SERVICE BRAKES SOON
This message displays if there is a problem with the
brake system. If this message appears, stop as soon as
possible and turn off the vehicle. Restart the vehicle
and check for the message on the DIC display.
If the message is still displayed or appears again when
you begin driving, the brake system needs service.

so, its heigh ho, heigh ho, off to your dealer you go.

Edited by 09LowesSilverado, 14 January 2010 - 10:18 AM.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado LT, Imperial Blue Metallic, Light Titanium/Ebony Cloth, 2WD, 4.8 V8
1 of 129 Vehicles of Win and Awesome given to Lowe's Employees
won on March 27th, 2009, Built July 20th, 2009, and Finally Delivered to a Happy dad on August 3rd, 2009 at Alexander Chevrolet Mods: Locking Tailgate Handle, SILVER Retrax Cover, 3" Westin Black Step Bars, DIC Upgrade, Rear Wheelhouse Liners

#9 chev1guy

chev1guy

Enthusiast

• 397 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

The other day I got a message saying “Possible ice drive with care” or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

Silver Birch Metallic Club Member #5

MODS: Color match door handles and mirror covers, Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks (more to come)

275/60-20 Firestone Destination AT

#10 HalfTon_Hank

HalfTon_Hank

Enthusiast

• 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

The other day I got a message saying “Possible ice drive with care” or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

lol not sure what temp it triggers (maybe 38). But I know you guys had a cold snap for a week or so. Interesting!

Posted Image

#11 brims

brims

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,605 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

I've done my pads on the front of my GMT900, only sensor up there is ABS, unless they've come up with a way to figure out the brake lining thickness with an ABS sensor.

The BMWs have a sensor and the navigation screen flips out on you if you get the pads changed before it tells you to. Puts a big red X on the screen and they have to get out the German to English dictionary and call BMW. I just made up that dictionary, but it's funny.
Posted Image
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Standard Box, 2LT, 4x2, 5.3L FlexFuel, 3.73 G80, Graystone Metallic, General Grabber HTS 245/70R17
Mods: Line-X over the rail, WeatherGuard Crossbox, Optima Red Top, MagHytec Differential Cover, Rough Country 2" leveling kit, Corvette Servo, AEM Brute Force Intake, Black Bear tune, Hayden 679 aux trans cooler, Hawk pads, Bilstein shocks, Dual Aeroforce Interceptors, Extang Snapless Full Tilt Tool Box Tonneau
Future mods: 2 low/6 high
Possible mods: rear sway bar, blacked out front and rear bumpers

#12 chev1guy

chev1guy

Enthusiast

• 397 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

The other day I got a message saying "Possible ice drive with care" or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

lol not sure what temp it triggers (maybe 38). But I know you guys had a cold snap for a week or so. Interesting!

The temperature had dropped to 35. I know to most of the guys that live up north that might not be cold but for me that is freezing. If the temp drops to 55, I wear a sweater.

Silver Birch Metallic Club Member #5

MODS: Color match door handles and mirror covers, Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks (more to come)

275/60-20 Firestone Destination AT

#13 red5001

red5001

Enthusiast

• 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

check the brake fluid. I bet it is a little low.

#14 09LowesSilverado

09LowesSilverado

Its Win, Its Awesome, Its Win AND Awesome!

• 1,295 posts
  • Name:Patrick
  • Drives:2009 Cherolet Silverado LT1 4.8 V8

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

The other day I got a message saying "Possible ice drive with care" or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

actually, its 'ICE POSSIBLE DRIVE WITH CARE'. the temps have barely gone above freezing here.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado LT, Imperial Blue Metallic, Light Titanium/Ebony Cloth, 2WD, 4.8 V8
1 of 129 Vehicles of Win and Awesome given to Lowe's Employees
won on March 27th, 2009, Built July 20th, 2009, and Finally Delivered to a Happy dad on August 3rd, 2009 at Alexander Chevrolet Mods: Locking Tailgate Handle, SILVER Retrax Cover, 3" Westin Black Step Bars, DIC Upgrade, Rear Wheelhouse Liners

#15 Nytemare

Nytemare

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

actually, its 'ICE POSSIBLE DRIVE WITH CARE'. the temps have barely gone above freezing here.

Yeah it comes on at 2*C here in Canada...It doesn't display on my DIC, it actually pops up on my mirror, just says ICE (of course I have an 03)
Posted Image

so you expected something that weights 5000 pounds and has aerodynamics of a piano to get what?

2003 Silverado XCSB, 4.8L, Flowmaster super44 SI/DO, G80 3.42, MSD Wires, K&N drop-in filter, Yellow Top Battery, Royal Purple in entire Drivetrain, W4M tune....My DD..............................SOLD
2010 Silverado XCSB 5.3L Z71 Summit White, Diablo Trinity tuned....more to come soon.
2010 Cobalt 2.2L LT 2Dr. Victory Red....gas saver/wife's Car.......SOLD
2011 Cruze 1.4L Turbo 1LT Crystal Red ...Again, Wifes car and gas saver
1978 LJ80, 16V 1600cc on 31's, Spring over lift, awaiting Full Frame off build...The Toy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here