How Do I Reset This Dic Message?

Here's what the manual says - doesn't say anything about pad wear sensor - don't think we have them.

SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM

This message displays along with the brake system

warning light if there is a problem with the brake system.

See Brake System Warning Light on page 3-40. If this

message appears, stop as soon as possible and turn off

the vehicle. Restart the vehicle and check for the

message on the DIC display. If the message is still

displayed or appears again when you begin driving, the

brake system needs service as soon as possible.

See your dealer/retailer.

I never realized the GMT900s had that message or the brake wear sensors.

Not claiming they do....not sure. I know VWs do. And assuming gmt900 have a high probability of having them. If it was an ABS issue i would think an abs light would kick on. Just throwing out my knowledge of cars in general....very curious what the solution is.

Here's what the manual says - doesn't say anything about pad wear sensor - don't think we have them.

SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM

This message displays along with the brake system

warning light if there is a problem with the brake system.

See Brake System Warning Light on page 3-40. If this

message appears, stop as soon as possible and turn off

the vehicle. Restart the vehicle and check for the

message on the DIC display. If the message is still

displayed or appears again when you begin driving, the

brake system needs service as soon as possible.

if you looks at the Picture it says 'SERVICE BRAKES SOON' Found it, its on Page 258/ 3-72 in the DIC Messages.

SERVICE BRAKES SOON

This message displays if there is a problem with the

brake system. If this message appears, stop as soon as

possible and turn off the vehicle. Restart the vehicle

and check for the message on the DIC display.

If the message is still displayed or appears again when

you begin driving, the brake system needs service.

so, its heigh ho, heigh ho, off to your dealer you go.

The other day I got a message saying “Possible ice drive with care” or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

lol not sure what temp it triggers (maybe 38). But I know you guys had a cold snap for a week or so. Interesting!

I've done my pads on the front of my GMT900, only sensor up there is ABS, unless they've come up with a way to figure out the brake lining thickness with an ABS sensor.

The BMWs have a sensor and the navigation screen flips out on you if you get the pads changed before it tells you to. Puts a big red X on the screen and they have to get out the German to English dictionary and call BMW. I just made up that dictionary, but it's funny.

The other day I got a message saying "Possible ice drive with care" or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

lol not sure what temp it triggers (maybe 38). But I know you guys had a cold snap for a week or so. Interesting!

The temperature had dropped to 35. I know to most of the guys that live up north that might not be cold but for me that is freezing. If the temp drops to 55, I wear a sweater.

The other day I got a message saying "Possible ice drive with care" or along those lines. I live in Florida so I did not expect that. Might not be relevant but I thought it was cool.

actually, its 'ICE POSSIBLE DRIVE WITH CARE'. the temps have barely gone above freezing here.

actually, its 'ICE POSSIBLE DRIVE WITH CARE'. the temps have barely gone above freezing here.

Yeah it comes on at 2*C here in Canada...It doesn't display on my DIC, it actually pops up on my mirror, just says ICE (of course I have an 03)

Archived