Windshield Wipers Only Work On High

jjohns

Question

The Wipers on my 04 Z71 (5.3 engine)only work on high. The intermitant and low wiper speeds do not work. The washer spray does not work either. I have checked the fuses (in the dark), and they look to be fine. What should I check first? Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 answers to this question

Finally got some time today to dig into this issue. I found a post regarding the same issue as mine only it was on an 03 instead of 04. Very detailed info on how to determine if the board was bad or the switch. I got my multi meter out and began testing as the instructions indicated. As I was searching for the wiring harness, I came across a crimped wire. I worked the wire back and forth at the crimp with the wiper switch in the on position and the wipers worked. Problem found. I must have crimped the wire a couple of weeks ago when I installed my satelite radio. A little soldering and the problem was fixed. The info on this site has once again saved me a lot of money by everyone sharing knowledge. Thanks to everyone who keeps this site going!

Could be the motor, the board that controls speeds or the multi function switch. The relay just sends power to the board, which in turn reads the control signal from the switch to determine setting...since everything is working on HI I would all but rule out the relay....but swap it with one of the same on your truck to make sure.

Archived