2009 Silverado Door Seal Rusting?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pic. They put the seal break where it will get water? Wonder why they did not make a one piece seal. I replaced the seals on my Sub coffin doors and they were one piece. After market company but probably make seals for GM. On trucks that have not started to rust, is there something you can seal it with. And is the GM fis to replace the entire seal?

My 2008 has the same issues on both front doors. Unfortunately, the two times that I've had it in to the dealer they said that "it's common and normal wear and tear" and won't replace the door gaskets. However, the next time that your looking at the floor area pop the plastic door sill off and check the underside of the carpet. Mine was wet and their first response was that it's normal to leak a bit past the gaskets and cause the rust that you've described, but I felt up higher (under the pedals) and it was really wet. Now they say a body seam wasn't properly sealed at the factory...

My 2008 has the same issues on both front doors. Unfortunately, the two times that I've had it in to the dealer they said that "it's common and normal wear and tear" and won't replace the door gaskets.

"Normal" wear and tear" my you know what. My 11 year old Mazda is parked every day on a beach on the east Florida coast, exposed to salt spray and humidity, has been through at least three hurricanes sitting outside, and there are no rusty door seals on it.

I installed running boards on mine to prevent snow/ice buildup and stone chips on the rocker panels. It also prevents this kind of thing from happening. Tube steps don't provide the same protection.

post-1747-1265479073_thumb.jpg

I installed running boards on mine to prevent snow/ice buildup and stone chips on the rocker panels. It also prevents this kind of thing from happening. Tube steps don't provide the same protection.

Why don't you write a suggestion letter to GM that because of substandard quality door seals, they should provide running boards on all trucks at no charge to the customer. :lol:

Archived