Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror Upgrade?

Have a 2009 Sierra SLE2 that came with manual switching/dimming rearview mirror. My 08 came standard with the auto-dimming with the compass/temp. My question is, do they make an upgrade option for the 09's with auto-dim and the onstar controls? I am not looking for the rearview monitor model, just regular auto dimming. Any ideas? I have yet to be able to locate something on the internet. Wondering if anyones 09 came with this or if they even make the option.

Thanks for any ideas

I added the auto dimming mirror with compass and temp to my 2009 Sierra Crew Cab Work Truck. I bought the mirror to fit a 2008 Tahoe. It works perfectly with your onstar and existing windshield mount. All you have to do is add pins in the connector for the temperature sensor probe (2 wires) and then a 3rd pin for the 12volts to power the compass and temperature. So, it's a total of 3 wires you have to run and add the pins to the connector that plugs into your existing mirror. It's really simple and only takes about an hour or so...

Have a 2009 Sierra SLE2 that came with manual switching/dimming rearview mirror. My 08 came standard with the auto-dimming with the compass/temp. My question is, do they make an upgrade option for the 09's with auto-dim and the onstar controls? I am not looking for the rearview monitor model, just regular auto dimming. Any ideas? I have yet to be able to locate something on the internet. Wondering if anyones 09 came with this or if they even make the option.

Thanks for any ideas

I have the auto-dimming on my 2009 Silverado and will be selling it. But, on mine the temp and compass is in the DIC so the mirror is just auto-dim and Onstar.

I bought the OEM reverse camera kit with the display in the rear-view.

I have the auto-dimming on my 2009 Silverado and will be selling it. But, on mine the temp and compass is in the DIC so the mirror is just auto-dim and Onstar.

What exactly is a auto-dimming rv mirror? I have a 09 silverado LT and my rearview mirror jsut has the onstar functions.

can you link me to where you bought the rearview mirror backup cam kit?

Is your auto-dim 09 mirror for sale? how much? would it be plug & play with mine?

thanks,

Chris.

What exactly is a auto-dimming rv mirror? I have a 09 silverado LT and my rearview mirror jsut has the onstar functions.

can you link me to where you bought the rearview mirror backup cam kit?

Is your auto-dim 09 mirror for sale? how much? would it be plug & play with mine?

thanks,

Chris.

This is where I got mine:

http://www.autostrata.com/index.php/rear-vision-system.html

It appears to be the OEM supplied unit. It comes in a kit with all harnesses, trim, bits and pieces, even zip ties. Also very complete installation instructions. I am having a pro install it though. If all goes well, i will be selling the auto-dim, Onstar rear-view mirror unit.

The auto-dim mirror has a sensor in the top, center that dims (darkens) the glass. It also has a manual on/off button. So the mirror with the backup cam kit is the same but has the lcd display for cam image.

So now GM has deleted even the auto dimming rear view mirror from LT1 and LT2 trucks? My 2006 LT1 came standard with this mirror, as well as the rear defogger. How nice, every year you get less for more money. :crackup:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Brand New OnStar/Auto Dim Mirror that I removed from a 2009 GMC Sierra with 100 miles on it.....will sell for $100 plus $10 shipping, I took it out of my dad's 09 Sierra when I put in the Factory Camera Kit. I can post pictures if needed, however it is boxed and ready to go...

Thanks

Travis

PS....it DOES NOT have the Compass Temp in the Screen, it is Plug and Play with a Mirror Pictured by Ryan....I have done this on 2 or 3 models similar to Ryan's Truck...

I have a Brand New OnStar/Auto Dim Mirror that I removed from a 2009 GMC Sierra with 100 miles on it.....will sell for $100 plus $10 shipping, I took it out of my dad's 09 Sierra when I put in the Factory Camera Kit. I can post pictures if needed, however it is boxed and ready to go...

Thanks

Travis

PS....it DOES NOT have the Compass Temp in the Screen, it is Plug and Play with a Mirror Pictured by Ryan....I have done this on 2 or 3 models similar to Ryan's Truck...

If no one claims this over the weekend let me know I am interested

Archived