P1810 Undefined Code

04 2500hd 6.0 light came on this morning hooked up and got p1810 undefined code.can someone help me on this one? It does shift hard when cold but is fine when warms up.are these problems related?

After doing a web search I found the code to be, P1810....ATF pressure manual valve position switch malfunction. Hopefully someone else can explain the problem and a fix.

Sediment in the valve body may cause improper operation of the TFP manual valve position switch. If sediment intrusion is suspected, clean the valve body and replace the TFP manual valve position switch. does anyone know if i can get to this by removing pan and filter? It would make sense because the tranny has had water in it.. i had it flushed out three times.

I think that switch is bolted to the bottom of valve body (not 100% sure, but...) Getting the pan off might be a PITA due to exhaust, but it's worth a shot. I'm not sure if you'll be able to inspect it and see if something is wrong, however. You might wanna give a really good look at the wiring going between the trans and controller before you pull the trans pan off.....if the connectors have water in them, that may be the problem, and would probably be easier to fix!

Archived