3 replies to this topic

#1 leboyd

leboyd

Enthusiast

• 98 posts
  • Name:Larry
  • Drives:2005 Z1 Tahoe 4wd

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

My 97 started throwing the P0102 and P0340 codes. Since I had a problem with burnt wires before (laying against manifold), pealed back the covering and found what looked like a slight break in the red (?) wire. I spliced this back together and still have the code.

It seems if the MAF was out I'd get a different code and I assume the P0340 is a related code.

Any thoughts?
Larry

#2 700 sportsman

700 sportsman

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,265 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

the p0340 code is a "camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction", here's a link to a site with some info on what may have cause this.

#3 leboyd

leboyd

Enthusiast

• 98 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

the p0340 code is a "camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction", here's a link to a site with some info on what may have cause this.

Yes, I was aware of what the codes were - but THANKS for the link. It had some additional information that may help.

#4 leboyd

leboyd

Enthusiast

• 98 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

Yes, I was aware of what the codes were - but THANKS for the link. It had some additional information that may help.

Looks like there is 0v at high-power side of the MAF wiring harness. I looked at all the fuses on the door panel and all tested good.

Anyone have an idea of where the fuse to the MAF is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here