Remote Start Not Working

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tom a

tom a

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

Good afternoon gentleman---- My "check engine symbol" came on the other day. I have a 2007 GMC yukon. I have noticed that the remote start does not work also. Could the remote start problem be related to the "check engine" symbol being on?

#2 C. Charles Hahn

C. Charles Hahn

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,005 posts
  • Name:Charlie
  • Drives:08 Sierra CCSB All Terrain

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

The factory remote start is set up so that as long as the engine is throwing a code that causes a Service Engine Soon light, it will not remote start the vehicle. You need to have the vehicle serviced and have the code cleared in order for remote start to function properly again.

Edited by V8GMT Guy, 04 February 2010 - 06:10 PM.

2008 GMC Sierra CC SLT "All Terrain" Z71 4x4
Stealth Gray Metallic | Ebony UltraSoft Leather | 5.3L FlexFuel AFM-Delete V8 | 3.73 Locking Differential (G80)
Airaid MIT | K&N Drop-In | HP Tuners | Line-X Over-the-Rail | Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite | Spencer's 6K HID Conversion Low Beams and Fogs | OEM Navigation | OEM OnStar Bluetooth | Addco Front & Rear Sway Bars

2009 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD
Quicksilver Metallic | Ebony Leather | 5.3L AFM V8 | 3.42 Locking Differential (G80)
"IEATSRT8'S" CAI | Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar | HP Tuners

#3 66nova

66nova

Black Bear Tuned

• 2,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

I don't think the remote start will work when the CEL is on. It is a safety feature I believe. Clear the code by disconnecting the battery and see if your remote start works again.

Robert3copy.jpg

rickordsanimalhospital.com

2007 Crew Cab Vmax GMT900 with a Blackbear Tune, Thorley Tri Y headers, Magnacharger TVS1900
1966 Nova 408 SBC 10.80s on the motor...9.40s on a 150 shot Exhaust Note Took Darkanion for a Ride With 150 NX Kit in and out of throttle Nova Build Thread

#4 tom a

tom a

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

I don't think the remote start will work when the CEL is on. It is a safety feature I believe. Clear the code by disconnecting the battery and see if your remote start works again.

i disconnected the battery and then reconnected it and the CEL is still on

#5 tom a

tom a

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Back to my orginal question- if the remote start is not working, will the CEL be on?

#6 66nova

66nova

Black Bear Tuned

• 2,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

Back to my orginal question- if the remote start is not working, will the CEL be on?

No, but the remote start won't work with the CEL on.

Robert3copy.jpg

rickordsanimalhospital.com

2007 Crew Cab Vmax GMT900 with a Blackbear Tune, Thorley Tri Y headers, Magnacharger TVS1900
1966 Nova 408 SBC 10.80s on the motor...9.40s on a 150 shot Exhaust Note Took Darkanion for a Ride With 150 NX Kit in and out of throttle Nova Build Thread

#7 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Don't call me,and I won't call you!

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,922 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Drives:'07 Silverado Z71 '11 Camaro SS '02 Saturn SC2

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

No,But as Charlie and Robert said...your remote start is not working because the CEL is on.
The CEL will not come on if there is an issue with the remote start,the remote start will not work when the CEL is on (IE-You only have a remote start issue because the CEL is on)

sig1alternate.png
'07 SILVERADO Z71 LT2 "VortecMAX" 6-Liter,"Super-Duty" Auto Trans,9 1/2" rear-end w/3.73 G80 Locker,XM,On-Star,BOSE speaker system,Stabilitrak,Block Heater,Sunroof,18" ARE "Cannon" Wheels w/LT275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
Custom tune by Justin at Black Bear,CORSA "Sport" exhaust system,EXTANG "Full-Tilt" snapless tonneau cover,Rough Country 1.5" front leveling kit,Fabtech 1" rear lift blocks,EZ-Down tailgate damper.
GM accessories...Hood Deflector,Molded Mud-Flaps,Ventvisors,Catch-All Floor-Mats,Bedrail Protectors,BedRug Bedliner & Bedmat,and a GM Performance Parts cold-air intake.

2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS - LS3/M6 - Inferno Orange Met. - HURST short-throw - Roto-Fab CAI - Kook's LTs - CORSA exhaust - Black Bear tuned (playtoy!)
2012 CRUZE 1LT - Blue Topaz Met. - RS pkg.- Convenience pkg. (work car!)

My Garage

#8 tom a

tom a

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

thanks guys, i think it finally sunk in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users