Remote Start Not Working

Good afternoon gentleman---- My "check engine symbol" came on the other day. I have a 2007 GMC yukon. I have noticed that the remote start does not work also. Could the remote start problem be related to the "check engine" symbol being on?

The factory remote start is set up so that as long as the engine is throwing a code that causes a Service Engine Soon light, it will not remote start the vehicle. You need to have the vehicle serviced and have the code cleared in order for remote start to function properly again.

I don't think the remote start will work when the CEL is on. It is a safety feature I believe. Clear the code by disconnecting the battery and see if your remote start works again.

i disconnected the battery and then reconnected it and the CEL is still on

Back to my orginal question- if the remote start is not working, will the CEL be on?

No,But as Charlie and Robert said...your remote start is not working because the CEL is on.

The CEL will not come on if there is an issue with the remote start,the remote start will not work when the CEL is on (IE-You only have a remote start issue because the CEL is on)

Archived