98 Where Is The Radiator Drain?

OK, I bought Prestone antifreeze only to get home and read my manual saying I need DEX-COOL® antifreeze. Took the regular stuff back and bought 4 gallons of Prestone DEX-COOL @ $11.50/gal. The only reason I bought 4 is because they were buy 1 get 1 free. I need 2.5 gallons.

My question is: where is the drain plug for the radiator on a 1998 Chevy K1500?

I have taken off the skid plate (the plastic one) that goes from under the radiator to the front cross member. I don't see anything.

I'm trying to do this today, so if you have any words of wisdom, send them my way.

Yeah. They don't make it easy! Look at the bottom of the right side tank and see if there is a drain.

EDIT: Some aftermarket radiators don't have a drain. If it has ever had a new radiator installed (pretty common), it might not be there.

Quick question; can I use carb cleaner to clean my throttle body?

They recommend a spray made for throttle bodies (plastic safe). Carb cleaner might eat into the p0lastic stuff used in the intake.

I'll remember that.

I used carb cleaner sprayed onto blue shop towels to wipe the inside for the throttle body. I didn't stray anything into the plastic intake tract.

Thanks again.

I'll try to drain my radiator tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

Archived