Cabin Air Filter?

Just looking around on ebay at filters and intakes, and notice two diffrent manufactures of a (cabin air filter)

were are these located. I would love to find it and see what it looks like

04 yukon xl 2500 slt

fyi.....................

Condition/Concern:

A customer may inquire about the availability of the passenger compartment air filter.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Starting in the 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option.

fyi.....................

Condition/Concern:

A customer may inquire about the availability of the passenger compartment air filter.

Starting in the 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option.

so what are you saying i have one or donthave one, its an 04 and the previous owner oredered it with every option gm/gmc offered, im looking in themanual

No in cab filters after 2003. You don't have one. It was not an option you could order after 2003. You don't need one either, all it did was restrict the air flow enough to cause the blower motor a better chance of burning out quicker! Best thing I did for my old 99 Silverado and the old 2000 Sierra work truck I had was to remove the stupid filter, trucked warmed up a HELL of alot quicker after that and the air volume was AWESOME.

No sweat man. That was one of those What the Fudge?? type features that really made no sense at all. It is just too bad that GM sometimes add's pointless things but takes away things that we really need and make sense, like an under the hood light and glove box light! (no longer put in trucks after I think 2003?? maybe 2007?)

fyi.....................

Condition/Concern:

Oh we have the cabin air filters... I was able to purchase a replacement filter from napa.. cock suckers never said they were sealed units.. I was able to pull a control module thing down on the passanger floor of the dash, flash light reveals there is one there, however, it's plastic sealed in.. no slots, no screws, no way to access..

No sweat man. That was one of those What the Fudge?? type features that really made no sense at all. It is just too bad that GM sometimes add's pointless things but takes away things that we really need and make sense, like an under the hood light and glove box light! (no longer put in trucks after I think 2003?? maybe 2007?)

My dad's '03 Silverado has a light in the glove compartment, my '04 Sierra doesn't. :)

Neither his truck, nor mine have an "under the hood light". :cheers::rollin:

Ok, so now im back to do i or dont i,,, and someone says its a sealed unit, does that mean its a part thats not replaceable,i do hvac and a clean air filter is VERY important.. so where do i check. under the pass side?

Oh we have the cabin air filters... I was able to purchase a replacement filter from napa........

There are no cabin filters from 2003 on no matter what NAPS parts info says, their parts information is wrong, end of story.

They were eliminated mostly because of an enormous amount of problems associated with the lack of replacement of the filters by owners. First, many were not even aware they existed and second, cost upwards of $20-30 for the 2 filters needed, not to mention the dealers charging labor to replace them when a customer had a HVAC problems that was the result of the plugged filter and it was not covered by warranty.

I must be the exception, but when I changed them in my 2000 K2500, there was always some kind of debris in there.

Probably another case of GM's infamous "de-contenting". Eliminate features & raise the price on next year's trucks.

Archived