What Is Life Expectancy In Mileage Of 6.0

Depends on how it's treated. If you beat the snot out of it, it's not going to last as long.

But if treated with normal driving, most modern engines are going to last a long damn time. I'd not hesitate to buy one with 100k on it.

Same here. If it ran good enough and had 100,000 miles on it I wouldn't be afraid to buy it. If you change the oil when your supposed to and drive it normally I don't see why it couldn't last 200,000 miles.

The Engine will last a VERY long time. GM does not have any set millage where they anticipate the engine going bye bye, there are GM engines out there that have gone 1,000,000 miles without any major work being done on the engine. It's the componants such as alternators, water pumps, power steering pumps that go bad. The block and everything inside of it is very sturdy.

be good to the motor, she will be good to you, womp on it and its going to womp on your wallet...just remeber us gm truck owners having nothing to prove, so theres not much sense in hot rodding it all day every day

be good to the motor, she will be good to you, womp on it and its going to womp on your wallet...just remeber us gm truck owners having nothing to prove, so theres not much sense in hot rodding it all day every day

Except how fun it is to be thrown back into the seat as the Duramax accelerates and shifts as smoothly as a baby's diaper and hits the 95 MPH programmed governor in under 12 seconds (just a guess on the time) :tumbleweed:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is right at 205K now and still has great oil pressure. Just put in an O2 sensor after it lost power the other day; running great again. Ran Quaker State dino oil until 187K and have since switched to full synthetic.

Forget the high octane unless you are having pre-ignition issues or the manual calls for it. 92 has NO more energy than 87; the number merely indicates how much heat and pressure the fuel can withstand before it ignites. Carbon deposits that have absorbed heat can PRE-ignite the mixture, and slam the valves back into their seats, hence the need for the higher octane. Get rid of the deposits and eliminate the issue altogether. This may also help people to understand why an engine with higher compression calls for a higher octane. Higher compression means the piston travels higher in the cylinder which brings it closer to the roof of the combustion chamber.

Archived