12v Switched In Console?

dont want to pull my radio out or run a wire all the way to fuse panel. anyone know if the console has switched power or constant? mine is the seat/console sierra NBS. It would be a pain to run wires under rug and all the way to fuse panel....

I'm fairly certain its constant power just like all the other ones.

Well im looking for something switched, so they aren't left one by mistake....5 year old dont always tuirn things off!! Looks like a real project just to get the wires down the headreast with the plastic tray on the back of the seats.....then to run under seats and carpet to te fuse panel is a pain. Looking for an easyier way, maybe an extra harness that is in the rear that isnt being uses, maybee i dont have an opition that uses it??

You could run a signal wire from the junction box behind the brake pedal (yellow wire bluish green connector) to a relay to switch the relay. Then just tap power off of that cigarette lighter to the head rest. This way you will have constant power to the relay and switched power out of the relay depending on whether the truck is on or not. That shouldn't be too hard to do I wouldn't think. I would suggest running wires under the sill plate because it is easy access and then you could put the relay either under the seat or under the center console.

You could run a signal wire from the junction box behind the brake pedal (yellow wire bluish green connector) to a relay to switch the relay. Then just tap power off of that cigarette lighter to the head rest. This way you will have constant power to the relay and switched power out of the relay depending on whether the truck is on or not. That shouldn't be too hard to do I wouldn't think. I would suggest running wires under the sill plate because it is easy access and then you could put the relay either under the seat or under the center console.

YA not going to run a relay....uneeded, just tring to do this with out running wires to dash....i know how to hook it up, if i have to run them to the panel than i'll run just both ground/power the relay seem like way more work!!

I'm not sure which truck with which interior you are referring to, but I know the 12v plug is constant on (there's even a warning about it in the owner's manual). If you do run a wire, you don't have to run the ground that far, take a ground from the seat mounting bolt

I just hardwired my radar detector in my 07 NNBS. The fuse panel has no swithced fuses but under the dash by the brake pedal there is another box with a cover. I dont know what it is for, maybe someone can help. It has several unused plugs that have little prongs sticking out. Looks like maybe a relay or flasher should plug in to it. I found a couple of them to be switched 12v sources. I just used a female spade connector with good insulator around it so it wouldnt touch any of the other prongs and so far it has worked great.

I just hardwired my radar detector in my 07 NNBS. The fuse panel has no swithced fuses but under the dash by the brake pedal there is another box with a cover. I dont know what it is for, maybe someone can help. It has several unused plugs that have little prongs sticking out. Looks like maybe a relay or flasher should plug in to it. I found a couple of them to be switched 12v sources. I just used a female spade connector with good insulator around it so it wouldnt touch any of the other prongs and so far it has worked great.

looks like i'll have to do that then....thanks

That fuse panel is for your trailer elec. harness .(large camping trailers,ect. 7way plug)

dont want to pull my radio out or run a wire all the way to fuse panel. anyone know if the console has switched power or constant? mine is the seat/console sierra NBS. It would be a pain to run wires under rug and all the way to fuse panel....

mine is hot 24/7...learned that little nugget when I left an accessory plugged in when I left truck (08 Sierra) parked at the airport when I went to visit my parents in Florida for a week. Got back after midnight, 5 degree weather, and NO POWER.

Archived