2006 Silverado Model Ls Or Lt

I am 99% sure I am buying a 2006 Silverado on Monday. Listed as LS but has the LT2 package DECOR. No LT or LS labels on truck I have been told it is an LT and an LS by different dealers.

KBB and NADA have different prices for the different models. I do not want to pay too much for the truck.

Need some help on determining the model of LS or LT so i can get the correct pricing for negotiation.

I am 99% sure I am buying a 2006 Silverado on Monday. Listed as LS but has the LT2 package DECOR. No LT or LS labels on truck I have been told it is an LT and an LS by different dealers.

KBB and NADA have different prices for the different models. I do not want to pay too much for the truck.

Need some help on determining the model of LS or LT so i can get the correct pricing for negotiation.

Should be LT since it has the LT2 package

I could be wrong, but I'll give it a shot.

129_0509_06z%202006_chevrolet_silverado_2500%20front_side_updated_grille_and_hood_view.jpg

You see the body colored panel between the top and bottom lights? I'm pretty sure it's body colored on LT models and black on WT and LS models for 2006. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

129_0509_06z%202006_chevrolet_silverado_2500%20front_side_updated_grille_and_hood_view.jpg

You see the body colored panel between the top and bottom lights? I'm pretty sure it's body colored on LT models and black on WT and LS models for 2006. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Nope, mine is/was a factory equipped LS2 model and it has the body colored panels under the headlights. :tumbleweed:

W/T to LS should be the black vs body colored models.

LS vs LT was the difference in having the bench seat vs floor console and auto ac vs dual zone ac. (that was what I remember when I was comparing)

Nope, mine is/was a factory equipped LS2 model and it has the body colored panels under the headlights. :lol:

LS vs LT was the difference in having the bench seat vs floor console and auto ac vs dual zone ac. (that was what I remember when I was comparing)

Maybe the body colored panels made the difference between LS1 and LS2? I know for a fact that I looked at a couple of LS model regular cabs that had the black panels. :tumbleweed: Or maybe an appearance upgrade package?

Nope, mine is/was a factory equipped LS2 model and it has the body colored panels under the headlights. :(

Maybe the body colored panels made the difference between LS1 and LS2? I know for a fact that I looked at a couple of LS model regular cabs that had the black panels. :uhoh: Or maybe an appearance upgrade package?

Now you got me thinking :P

VIN per request. 1GCEK19Z76Z278714 My first Silverado so many ? use to S10.

How do you measure the bed length inside to inside or outside to outside. KBB shows LT 5 3/4' and LS 6.5' beds.

5 3/4' is 5'9" as that is the short bed of a crew cab. They only made 1500 series crew cabs with that bed size in 2006. Extended cab will have a standard 6.5' bed.

If I remember correctly, LS trucks had less standard equipment than LTs. All 2006 LT trucks come with a self dimming inside rear view mirror, whereas LS models do not. Also, I believe that only crew cab LS trucks came standard with power windows,mirrors and locks, these were optional on extended cab LS trucks. Also, all LT trucks had deep tinted rear windows, which is an option on LS trucks.

How do you measure the bed length inside to inside or outside to outside. KBB shows LT 5 3/4' and LS 6.5' beds.

5 3/4' is 5'9" as that is the short bed of a crew cab. They only made 1500 series crew cabs with that bed size in 2006. Extended cab will have a standard 6.5' bed.

If I remember correctly, LS trucks had less standard equipment than LTs. All 2006 LT trucks come with a self dimming inside rear view mirror, whereas LS models do not. Also, I believe that only crew cab LS trucks came standard with power windows,mirrors and locks, these were optional on extended cab LS trucks. Also, all LT trucks had deep tinted rear windows, which is an option on LS trucks.

I have every single one of those options on my LS Silverado. Then again, it could have been a custom ordered truck.

the LT should have the digital "auto" a/c, the LS will have manual dual zone a/c

No. Automatic A/C in 2006 was standard only on LT2 and LT3 models, and optional on LT1 models. My 2006 LT1 truck has a manual A/C.

Steering wheel radio control buttons were standard in 2006 only on LT3 models, optional on both LT1 and LT2 models.

Its an "LT2" trim level.

You have the 6.5' bed.

Archived