Notice Clear Plastic On New Truck Near Rear Wheel Well

macguy

I still have them on my new 09 Sierra, they haven't peeled yet. I believe they are just plastic factory protective film that covers the lower panel of the bed during transport and delivery and not meant to be permanent, just like clear protective sheet on new cell phones screens, lcds, the inside dash of my truck, etc...

You can buy it precut with instructions or there are places that will install it for you. Go online and check it out. I would recommend the 3M Protective shields. They have it for the Headlights and fog lights also. Keeps them from getting that sand blast look. Not cheap, but it's good.

I have friends who have RX-8's and they come with the same film in the same area of the fender, one has his on still and the other one took his off. I guess they are there to protect the body. I'm sure they can be either permanement if you want or removable, because I posted this awhile back about getting chrome ones as replacements, I have seen other trucks that have the chrome protectors instead of the clear ones..

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...c=107171&hl=

My new 2009 silverado which I recently bought had clear plastic on each side by rear wheel fender where it extrudes outward. One side is starting to peel. Is this normal, or something from delivery packaging?

My 2010 had the same problem. I just peeled it off and then had the clear 3m applied in the same area but larger. I then installed the factory molded flaps and it keeps them from rubbing through the paint. Just my 2 cents

Archived