6"or 4.5" Bds Lift 2006 Silverado

I don't know which one to go for. I have read a lot about re-gearing the trucks when you go up to 35's. I have stock CC 2006 Z71 with 3.73 gears. I want to avoid re-gearing my truck. So, what is my best option?

Does anyone run 33's on their 6" lift? I need some photos or links to pics so i can see if it looks weird. It is not cool that the cost of both kits are basically the same, and I hate to pay for a 4.5" when the 6" is the same price, you know?

Also, anyone found where to buy BDS lifts at discount prices? it is very difficult to find them!

BDS is a very reputable company. So just searching for their kit's with Google or whatever you may use might come up empty, especialy at discount prices (I don't think you'll have any luck with that by the way). They only authorize a handful of shops to sale and install their products. For example, I'm pretty sure their is only one shop in the whole lower half of Idaho and eastern half of Oregon that are able to retail thier products.

After sitting and reading almost everynight for 30 minutes here and there, mostly everybody who went with a smaller suspension lift wished they went bigger. It's like tattoo's, after your first one you just want more. Same with adding height to your ride. I guess it's an addiction, lol. Anyway, like many have said, "if you are even considering a 6" lift, just do it. You'll be much happier that you did..."

I'm not the one to be telling you any kind of details on this kind of stuff as I am still learning everyday as well. Use the "search" button a little more, and you'll find thread after thread about these same exact issues that you are contemplating. Gears and all. Good luck with your search, and post up the finished product when do huh? Take it ez...

I don't know which one to go for. I have read a lot about re-gearing the trucks when you go up to 35's. I have stock CC 2006 Z71 with 3.73 gears. I want to avoid re-gearing my truck. So, what is my best option?

Does anyone run 33's on their 6" lift? I need some photos or links to pics so i can see if it looks weird. It is not cool that the cost of both kits are basically the same, and I hate to pay for a 4.5" when the 6" is the same price, you know?

Also, anyone found where to buy BDS lifts at discount prices? it is very difficult to find them!

Contact Justin at All Terrain Fabrication here in Plano TX. The best price around and they ship. I'm in the exact boat you are. Trying to decide between the 4 and 6 at the same price. I also will be running 33's and don't want to re-gear. Searching for some pictures too.

• 3 months later...

You decide on what your gonna do or have you already lifted it? I have the same truck just in the Sierra trim and want to lift 4 inches to fit in some 33's and would love to see pics of your truck. Let me know what you ended up doing! Thanks.

You decide on what your gonna do or have you already lifted it? I have the same truck just in the Sierra trim and want to lift 4 inches to fit in some 33's and would love to see pics of your truck. Let me know what you ended up doing! Thanks.

I am ever so close to getting this done. Had to move to Miami and it soaked up a few George Washingtons outta my pocket. I basically only am held up by tires at this point. I am waiting on a good sale to get the tires I like.

I am ever so close to getting this done. Had to move to Miami and it soaked up a few George Washingtons outta my pocket. I basically only am held up by tires at this point. I am waiting on a good sale to get the tires I like.

Sounds good! Be sure to post up a bunch of pics and include some measurements of the fenders too! Stoked to see how it turns out.

I was also debating getting the 4 or 6 BDS and running 33's.

I decided to go with the 6. And I'm very glad I did.

I had my 33's on it and they looked fine but they were skinny 11" wide. I think a 33x12.5 or 33x13 would look great. Of course I got a good deal and upgraded to 35x12.5. But I personally think the 33x12.5 or wider with the BDS 6 looks good.

Archived