Gear Ratio

so i was told that if i call the local chevy dealership with my VIN number, they can look up what kind of gear ratio my truck has, they said its 4:10, but my dad says no way does my half ton have it. do you all think the chevy dealership could be wrong? thanks guys!

1/2 tons could have 4.10s out back..There is a website that gives you a decent breakdown...looking for it at the moment

lol id believe the dealership over your dad...

he does know that 4.10s were an oem option right? (my 2005 had 4.10s stock too).

you can also check the RPO codes in the glove box. i forget what the correct code is for 4.10s but im sure someone will post it.... i think its GU4 or GU5

Yes its in the glovebox with all the other RPO codes, you can look that up on this site, you just have to know which code it is. If you go to the site I posted earlier u will get something that looks like a build sheet

"G80 AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP POSITRACTION L/SLIP R/AXL(G80)" 2006Z71--it says this under my gearing ratio on that website, thanks for that by the way!, but what does this mean? that i have limited slip, or the g80? sorry if im asking stupid questions, i just dont know alot about cars

G80 is the locking rear diff. It should say somewhere, rear axle ratio. If you cant find it on compnine, use our RPO lookup or the one on compnine. You will have to enter in the 3 letter/digit codes in the glove box one at a time until you find out which one is the rearend code. I can remember right now which one it is but I will try and look for you! Someone else might post the rearend codes before I can get them.

it says GT5 for the RPO code, then "AXLE,REAR,4.10 RATIO 4.10R(GT5)"

then it says "G80" for the RPO, then "AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP POSITRACTION L/SLIP R/AXL(G80)

That means that you have the 4.10s out back with the locking diff

Archived