What Is A Z92

I just looked more into it and it was a Z82. Sorry about that, what does this package include?

OK,I was going to ask you if it maybe said "Z82" instead,Z82 is the heavy-duty trailer pkg.,It includes things like a hitch,aux.trans.cooler,7-way trailer wiring harness,a locking differential on some models. It also requires a heavier suspension pkg. to be ordered (Z85,Z71,Z60)

Also...That decal is not factory,someone made it and put it on themselves.

ALC also makes a Z82 conversion pkg. You may have seen one of these.

Z82_Package_Info.jpg

1500Z82blackregfrt.jpg

1500Z82whitehoodfrt.jpg

Those are some great looking trucks!! :rolleyes:

But again,Their not factory,I have issues with customers who buy trucks like that used,Then they need parts that were installed at the conversion company,Most times the company went out of business,Then the customer is mad at me when I can't get them. :lol: "I bought the truck that way" they say. :lol:

ALC also makes a Z82 conversion pkg. You may have seen one of these.

Z82_Package_Info.jpg

1500Z82blackregfrt.jpg

1500Z82whitehoodfrt.jpg

Those are some great looking trucks!! :rolleyes:

But again,Their not factory,I have issues with customers who buy trucks like that used,Then they need parts that were installed at the conversion company,Most times the company went out of business,Then the customer is mad at me when I can't get them. :lol: "I bought the truck that way" they say. :lol:

At least the Z92 pkg. has a Fabtech suspension pkg. That should be easier to get parts for if it needs it. But I agree with you 100%

And I really like that black RC/SB if only it were red. :lol:

WOW! This turned out to be interesting. I had to go check my RPO plate in the glove box on this. I have a '07, NBS, CC 5.3, Z-71, 2-WD, and really like it. My tag shows that I have these:

ZK3--Deluxe seat belt and shoulder harness I never knew.

ZRS--I can't find that one (I looked twice at my RPO plate to make sure of the letters)

ZY1--Color combo, solid. Well yeh--it's Stealth Grey-all over

Z82- Trailer Provisions, Special Equipment-Off Road

Z88-Conversion, Name Plate-GMC Don't exactly know what that means.

The info came from www.RPO codes.com

I'd like to say this: This truck rides really smooth. Many a person has ridden in it and noted how smooth it rides. I pull an 18 ft. cargo/work trailer 3-4 days a week that weighs in approximately 4600#, and I really have to remember it's back there. The tow/haul is a good feature.

I've been thinking about selling it for a new one. With all those fancy codes to list now, the price will go up. :rolleyes: David

Excuse any typing errors--my right hand is in a cast and I'm learning to type all over

WOW! This turned out to be interesting. I had to go check my RPO plate in the glove box on this. I have a '07, NBS, CC 5.3, Z-71, 2-WD, and really like it. My tag shows that I have these:

ZRS--I can't find that one (I looked twice at my RPO plate to make sure of the letters)

ZRS is the P265/70R17 spare tire

Z88 just tells the assembly line workers that the truck is a GMC,and gets GMC nameplates and dealer packs with the owners manual/center caps,etc.

ZRS is the P265/70R17 spare tire

Z88 just tells the assembly line workers that the truck is a GMC,and gets GMC nameplates and dealer packs with the owners manual/center caps,etc.

It's funny how many RPOs aren't even in the factory service manual or any of the RPO decoder sites.

Apparently the Z92 option is a off road conversion package offered by American Luxury Coach,

I think I saw several new trucks with this conversion package several years ago. This added something like $ 15k to the sticker price.

Archived