2010 Silverado Oil Pressure

alkaspeltzar

Question

I have a 2010 Silverado 5.3L. At normal operating temp, the oil pressure is at 25-30 psi at idle. At crusing speed, 65mph(1500rpm) it is about 40 psi. Is this normal for the new truck, thought it might be higher?

Can you tell me what the specs say the truck should have for oil pressure at both cold temp and operating temp?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

0 answers to this question

I recently tradeded a 2002 Silverado 5.3 Extended cab for 2009 5.3 Crew Cab and have noticed a difference in oil pressure also. My 2002 ran about 60 psi most of the time and the 2009 runs at idle around 20-30 and at crusing speeds around 40.

SO your 09 is basically running the same as mine. That is nice to know. I have a family member with an 01 sierra, that is also why I noticed the difference.

Anyone else have an 09 or 10 that runs this way? guess knowing that is how they are running from factory puts my mind at ease. Thanks

I recently tradeded a 2002 Silverado 5.3 Extended cab for 2009 5.3 Crew Cab and have noticed a difference in oil pressure also. My 2002 ran about 60 psi most of the time and the 2009 runs at idle around 20-30 and at crusing speeds around 40.

Archived