Update...new Leftover 09

Check it out fellas

I declined on the 09 Sierra Ext Cab that I posted about a week ago.

I found out Black Book auction values were around $24k for that truck with average miles

That Ext Cab was gonna cost me $27k to purchase. No deal.

I like to be at auction value, or under, when making a purchase. Even on a new vehicle.

Sounds crazy, right?? Well, it can be done with a good deal of patience.

Which brings up this truck.

Was a dealer trade back in December...truck has 246 miles on it, still brand-new

BUT, it is a leftover 2009 model, SLE Crew Cab 4x4

For starters, average mile crew-cabs are going thru auctions at $27k area

Here's the current deal management offered me, as of Thursday.

MSRP 37,205

GM EMPLOYEE 33,485

NATL REBATE -6500

TOTAL 26,985

Here's the trick...this truck has a holdback of $1700 (holdback is dealer-kept profit money for a sale)

Dealer Manager offered to split the holback...so subtract $850 from this deal, and we are at

NEW TOTAL $26,135

http://www.gmfleet.com/ws/nvlWindowSticker...;optionCode=3SA

This truck needs a few items...

1-Audo steering controls

2-DIC Button Center

Thoughts?? A new, untitled 09 at a used price?? Too basic of a SLE ??

great deal but are you willing to live with it? we have Silvy lt1's at work and they're too bare bones for me. You need to know what options you want or you will always be stuck with "what if". I was there and changed new vehicles twice in 2yrs to get where i'm at now. But that's me.. if you have any doubts? hold off.. if you think it's what you want go for it..Good Luck.

Plain? I'll tell you what a plain truck is: A 1976 Chevy Blazer 4X4, 350 V8, 4 barrel carburetor, 3 speed automatic transmission, rubber floor covering, AM radio, heater, vinyl seats. Nothing else. That's a plain truck, not the limousines you are driving. And it cost $ 6,500 brand new in 1976. When I was a teenager, the owner let me drive the truck to run some errands for him. And that truck was taken to places where you would never dare take your $35K+ investment.

Plain? I tell you what a plain truck is: A 1976 Chevy Blazer 4X4, 350 V8, 4 barrel carburetor, 3 speed automatic transmission, rubber floor covering, AM radio, heater, vinyl seats. That's a plain truck, not the limousines you are driving. And it cost $ 6,500 brand new in 1976. When I was a teenager, the owner let me drive the truck to run some errands for him. And that truck was taken to places where you would never dare take your $35K+ investment.

exactly i find it hilarious how people bash these trucks and its the guys who paid $40k to have leather and navigation. are the gold brake pedal pads worth $14,000 upgrade? lol come on people. i couldn't imagine paying the prices some of these people pay on here, it's insane. OP buy that truck, nice deal!

Is it what you are looking for? If so, then I say go for it. Otherwise hold out for the truck you want.

I agree.

Personally, I paid $22,477.25 for my 2006 with 18K on it over a year ago.....you are getting a brand new truck (albeit with less options) for only slightly more. It's a good deal...

Plus...with less options, you have more ways to make it your own.

I would second the comment on if this truck is what will fit your needs and wants. For me back when I got back from Iraq in late 2006 I wanted and needed a vehicle. The three factors I looked at were good value, fun, and practicality. So in my book the two vehicles I looked at were GM pickup trucks and Jeep Wranglers. The good thing for me was that both of these models were going through a model redesign so the "old style 2006" models could be negotiated upon. So after looking at the two I settled on a bare bones LS 2wd EXTcab Chevy 2500HD for $20,000 brand new. I would have liked some more other options, but the only one I really wish I had was 4wd, and that has been only three times since I have owned it. Overall it has been a great truck, and every time I look at how much I paid I smile. Also it was stickered a little over 29K.

So buy the truck is everything is right for you, and you are happy with what it is. Good luck

If you gotta have the radio controls, replace the steering wheel=ebay $200 or so; DIC switch diy $25 or so (cut out your own panel).

Truck deal sounds good to me; wish I'd gotten a crew cab now.

HAHAHAHA In my 77', if you want fresh air, you have to pull a lever near the brake pedal release. To put on the high beams, you need to push the button on the floor board (which I really wish they never stopped doing, its so easy to use) That's "bare bones" no what he just bought.

Plain? I'll tell you what a plain truck is: A 1976 Chevy Blazer 4X4, 350 V8, 4 barrel carburetor, 3 speed automatic transmission, rubber floor covering, AM radio, heater, vinyl seats. Nothing else. That's a plain truck, not the limousines you are driving. And it cost $ 6,500 brand new in 1976. When I was a teenager, the owner let me drive the truck to run some errands for him. And that truck was taken to places where you would never dare take your $35K+ investment.

No, Ryan, that's not bare bones; that's a TRUCK! A real one that you can use as it was intended, without worrying about how you're going to clean it up, or did I scratch the bed with that load of 2x4s and concrete blocks. Oh, when times were simpler.

sounds like the dealership is bending over backwards for you to get that truck off the lot.. i'm sure there's a reason that truck hasn't sold yet and why they are working with you that much. (lack of options)

it is still a good deal even with basic options considering it is a 4x4 crew cab.

here's what i say:

find the perfect truck that you want sitting in the lot and talk them down from there. sounds like you have excellent haggling skills, you just need to find the truck that you want.

Archived