Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid

wiseviktor

Question

Hi I am Viktor,

I have a 2007 GMC sieraa 1500 classic SLE 5.3L 325 cid V8 Fl (T) OHV. My engine light is on and my message board tells me to tighten the fuel cap. I after reading some of the forums I believe my vapor canistor purge solenoid needs to be replaced. My question is do I need the vapor canister purge valve or the vapor canister purge solenoid? The next question is where is the vapor canister purge valve located? Is is connected to the vapor canister and part of the vapor canister purge solenoid assembly?

0 answers to this question

Hey Guys, I have a 2007 GMC Acadia and I have a DTC Code of P0496 which translates to a EVAP System High Purge Flow. I understand there may be some particle that is holding the purge valve open and it could be particles from the charcoal canister. First, I think I can clean the purge valve and see if that works......but....where the hell is it? Judging from the threads it is somewhere around the tank and after squeezing my fat butt under the side of the truck, which is about from the neck up, I'm afraid that is where it is and it is no easy task. Am I correct so far? What is it going to take to fix my problem? Thanks for any and All Input.

P0496 is evap system flow during non purge. The purge solenoid is mounted on the engine just under the throttle body . The vent valve is in back near the tank or canister. Could also have a problem with the fuel tank pressure sensor causing this code. Good luck!

Hi I am Viktor,

I have a 2007 GMC sieraa 1500 classic SLE 5.3L 325 cid V8 Fl (T) OHV. My engine light is on and my message board tells me to tighten the fuel cap. I after reading some of the forums I believe my vapor canistor purge solenoid needs to be replaced. My question is do I need the vapor canister purge valve or the vapor canister purge solenoid? The next question is where is the vapor canister purge valve located? Is is connected to the vapor canister and part of the vapor canister purge solenoid assembly?

I JUST REPLACED THE VAPOR CANISTOR ON MY 2001 SILVERADO, IT WAS MOUNTED ON THE FRONT SIDE OF MY FUEL TANK, AND IT WAS ALL ONE ASSEMBLY. IF YOU CAN GET THE BED OF THE TRUCK OFF, IT'S A REALLY EASY FIX, OTHERWISE, I WOULD HAVE HAD TO DROP THE FUEL TANK TO GET AT IT.

sorry to intrude in this thread, but I recently had my yuke in for the same problem. Well the first time I brought it in, they changed the gas cap...cost me $28..luckily the tech fee was waived..light came back on again, so I brought it back for a second time. This time they said it was the solenoid and valve...dang cost me $481..problem fixed now, but where are they located on a 03 yuke 4.8L? Just in case I have to do a do-it-yourself on them in the future. thanks.

Archived