Blinker Goes Fast

guys, my dads truck, an 03 silverado 3/4 ton, has a blinker issue, the left turn blinker blinks really fast, i know that usually means a bulb is burned out somewhere, but the local chevy dealership oil change place said there were no bulbs burned out when he got the oil change the other day. is there anything else that could be causing it?

If your car is stock the blinker will blink when it has the right amp draw. If you replaced bulbs and the wrong bulb is in the system it will blink fast. There are bulbs that draw more Amps/watts but fit in the same socket. Check to make sure the numbers on the bulb match the side that works. Bulbs use standard part numbers like 1157. Should fix your issue.

Even the dealers will miss the small little bulbs in the front headlight assembly or the rear taillight assembly. The old Jeep Grand Cherokee's would have a DIC in the center console and the "Service Brake Light" message would come up all the time and every light was working correctly with the exception of the license plate lights which were burned out, but nobody ever figures to check those :cool: They would go to the dealer and spend $70.00 thinking something was wrong only to have the $70.00 service charge for 2 $1.99 bulbs :P

If your car is stock the blinker will blink when it has the right amp draw. If you replaced bulbs and the wrong bulb is in the system it will blink fast. There are bulbs that draw more Amps/watts but fit in the same socket. Check to make sure the numbers on the bulb match the side that works. Bulbs use standard part numbers like 1157. Should fix your issue.

• 4 months later...

Have 2004 Tahoe...... Getting a fast blinker when left turn signal is on. All lamps have been checked but the rear lamp isn't flashing. Right side working fine.

I have checked the two lamps in the front assembly, the rear lamp and the side view mirror blinker. Am I missing something? Could the flasher under the dash be bad if just the rear lamp isn't working?

I have taken the plug apart under the left side and also on the right side to confirm I am getting voltage.

Thanks for the help!

Sometimes people put heavy duty bulbs in there thinking if its heavy duty, it must be better. What this really does is draw more current and the flasher works off of current to make the bulb flash. An HD bulb will make your turn signal flash rapidly.

Archived