Fuel Tank Size

yea, unfortunately they only put a 26 gallon in their short beds, even the 34 gallon in the long beds is kinda small for these trucks, on long trips I have to refuel every couple hours, vs my corolla which can go for days it seems on it's 13 gallon tank.

yea, unfortunately they only put a 26 gallon in their short beds, even the 34 gallon in the long beds is kinda small for these trucks, on long trips I have to refuel every couple hours, vs my corolla which can go for days it seems on it's 13 gallon tank.

And I bet my 10 speed Huffy can go longer than your Corolla. You're not comparing apples to apples.

The long beds get the 34 gallon tank.

Yup! ....and while its nice to not fill up as often, it still sucks to fill! LMAO! :cool:

although this 34 gal '07 is miles better than the '85 I was driving back and forth to work w/ a 16 gallon tank @ 10 mpg

As already stated. Short bed=26gal and long bed=34gal

I hate filling up so often. I miss the 40gal tank my Suburban had.

I wonder if I moved my spare, could I put in a large aft of axle tank?

Ohhhh.... dual tanks! My original 26gal and a 40gal. That would be awesome!

The long beds get the 34 gallon tank.

Yup! ....and while its nice to not fill up as often, it still sucks to fill! LMAO! :cool:

although this 34 gal '07 is miles better than the '85 I was driving back and forth to work w/ a 16 gallon tank @ 10 mpg

I hear ya man! I have to be really careful as to how long I go before fillups. Stupid Mastercard cuts me off at $75 per transaction. It's irritating to pump $75 and then have to do it over again for another $6! :P

I hear ya man! I have to be really careful as to how long I go before fillups. Stupid Mastercard cuts me off at $75 per transaction. It's irritating to pump $75 and then have to do it over again for another $6! :dunno:

That's a service station limitation not a credit card limitation. They try to limit the losses on their driveoffs and stolen card uses. The pumps will only pump a certain dollar amount set by that particular station and then stop.

Years ago when I worked for Chevron, we had a $50 pump cutoff that worked fine until fuel prices skyrocketed and then folks couldn't fill the tanks on their pickups without the pump stopping and then having to start over again to get the last few gallons in. They then raised it to $60, then $75. It's probably time for them to raise it to $90 or $100.

It used to be that you could pump your fuel first, then go in and pay...... but, you wouldn't believe how many customers would just drive off without paying. That's why now, at most all stations, you have to pay first (CC or cash) before any fuel comes out of the nozzle. The stations had to eat those losses and they were getting to pretty serious amounts, moreso the higher the cost of the fuel and whether the economy was doing well in the area. Convenience stores make much more profit on Twinkies, Cokes, Cigarettes and Beer than they do on the profit from gasoline.

I'd bet if you bought fuel in a truck stop you probably wouldn't have that problem.

DEWFPO

^ The Speedways here have posted limits and stickers that say this is not our policy, contact your credit card company. To which I say bs, my card lets me go over that limit at any other station. Tell it like it is and don't bs people with stickers that lie.

<snip>It used to be that you could pump your fuel first, then go in and pay...... but, you wouldn't believe how many customers would just drive off without paying. That's why now, at most all stations, you have to pay first (CC or cash) before any fuel comes out of the nozzle. The stations had to eat those losses and they were getting to pretty serious amounts, moreso the higher the cost of the fuel and whether the economy was doing well in the area. Convenience stores make much more profit on Twinkies, Cokes, Cigarettes and Beer than they do on the profit from gasoline.</snip>

DEWFPO

Many gas stations in Canada are still that way. You can either pay at the pump for convinence, or pump first and then go in and pay. (many have started pre-payment at night though, but there are still a few that don't).

I'm reminded of this when I travel south and try to put fuel in the truck first. ;)

Archived