Fuel Tank Size

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tone357

tone357

Enthusiast

• 40 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

Anyone know what size the fuel tank is on an 01 2500 hd?

#2 tone357

tone357

Enthusiast

• 40 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

Anyone know what size the fuel tank is on an 01 2500 hd?

Should have been more specific, I'm asking about the number of gallons.

#3 dewfpo

dewfpo

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous

• 1,776 posts
  • Drives:2005 Silverado 2500HD, CCSB

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

Long Bed?
Short Bed?
Crew Cab?
Extended Cab?
Regular Cab?
2005 Silverado 2500HD, CC SB, 4x4, 8.1L/Allison, 4.10's, Locker, Dual Batteries, 145 Amp alt., Bilsteins
Retrax Rolling Tonneau, Putco SS/Chrome Side Rails, Bushwacker Bed Rail Protectors,Husky Floor Liners

#4 welscher08

welscher08

Enthusiast

• 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

I am just going to guess, but gonna take a stab and 26 gallons. My 03 work truck 2500hd has a 26 gallon tank

#5 hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,641 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

The long beds get the 34 gallon tank.

#6 mllc

mllc

Enthusiast

• 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

yea, unfortunately they only put a 26 gallon in their short beds, even the 34 gallon in the long beds is kinda small for these trucks, on long trips I have to refuel every couple hours, vs my corolla which can go for days it seems on it's 13 gallon tank.

#7 hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,641 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

yea, unfortunately they only put a 26 gallon in their short beds, even the 34 gallon in the long beds is kinda small for these trucks, on long trips I have to refuel every couple hours, vs my corolla which can go for days it seems on it's 13 gallon tank.

And I bet my 10 speed Huffy can go longer than your Corolla. You're not comparing apples to apples.

#8 kawtoy_77

kawtoy_77

Enthusiast

• 911 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yup! ....and while its nice to not fill up as often, it still sucks to fill! LMAO! :cool:

although this 34 gal '07 is miles better than the '85 I was driving back and forth to work w/ a 16 gallon tank @ 10 mpg
Never send a truck, to do a SIERRA's job....
1985 GMC C1500 High Sierra (SCLB)
5.0, headers, duals, Thrush glasspacks, K&N air filter, Edelbrock pro cleaner 14", AR-767 wheels, non-functional hood scoop, and alot of stickers in the back window...SOLD

http://www.gm-trucks...?...em&CID=2341

2007 GMC Sierra (SCLB)
5.3L Flex motor, 2wd, 265/70/17 Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10's, AVS vent guards
http://www.gm-trucks...?...em&CID=2340

www.ridingillini.com (local motorcycle forum) Champaign/Urbana Area

#9 braxx

braxx

Enthusiast

• 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

As already stated. Short bed=26gal and long bed=34gal
I hate filling up so often. I miss the 40gal tank my Suburban had.
I wonder if I moved my spare, could I put in a large aft of axle tank?

Ohhhh.... dual tanks! My original 26gal and a 40gal. That would be awesome!
Josh
2002 Chevy 2500HD, Crew Cab, 4x4, 8.1L, Allison and 3.73's

#10 jneilsonjr

jneilsonjr

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

I wonder if the new 2011 Gas tanks will fit on the older trucks, it would be awesome if i could get the 36 gallon tank on my CC short bed like they are going to offer in '11.

#11 hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,641 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

Yup! ....and while its nice to not fill up as often, it still sucks to fill! LMAO! :cool:

although this 34 gal '07 is miles better than the '85 I was driving back and forth to work w/ a 16 gallon tank @ 10 mpg

I hear ya man! I have to be really careful as to how long I go before fillups. Stupid Mastercard cuts me off at $75 per transaction. It's irritating to pump $75 and then have to do it over again for another $6! :P

#12 pwall

pwall

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,884 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

I've been wanting to replace the stock fuel tank with a Titan....62gallons of diesel...... :cool:
The funds is all that's stopping me.
Patrick.
Posted Image
Black Truck Member # ?? DMax Club Member # ??
RV Forum: http://rv-forums.org

#13 dewfpo

dewfpo

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous

• 1,776 posts
  • Drives:2005 Silverado 2500HD, CCSB

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

I hear ya man! I have to be really careful as to how long I go before fillups. Stupid Mastercard cuts me off at $75 per transaction. It's irritating to pump $75 and then have to do it over again for another $6! :dunno:

That's a service station limitation not a credit card limitation. They try to limit the losses on their driveoffs and stolen card uses. The pumps will only pump a certain dollar amount set by that particular station and then stop.

Years ago when I worked for Chevron, we had a $50 pump cutoff that worked fine until fuel prices skyrocketed and then folks couldn't fill the tanks on their pickups without the pump stopping and then having to start over again to get the last few gallons in. They then raised it to $60, then $75. It's probably time for them to raise it to $90 or $100.

It used to be that you could pump your fuel first, then go in and pay...... but, you wouldn't believe how many customers would just drive off without paying. That's why now, at most all stations, you have to pay first (CC or cash) before any fuel comes out of the nozzle. The stations had to eat those losses and they were getting to pretty serious amounts, moreso the higher the cost of the fuel and whether the economy was doing well in the area. Convenience stores make much more profit on Twinkies, Cokes, Cigarettes and Beer than they do on the profit from gasoline.

I'd bet if you bought fuel in a truck stop you probably wouldn't have that problem.

DEWFPO
2005 Silverado 2500HD, CC SB, 4x4, 8.1L/Allison, 4.10's, Locker, Dual Batteries, 145 Amp alt., Bilsteins
Retrax Rolling Tonneau, Putco SS/Chrome Side Rails, Bushwacker Bed Rail Protectors,Husky Floor Liners

#14 99silveradoz71

99silveradoz71

Your Neighborhood Gunslinger

• Senior Moderator
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

^ The Speedways here have posted limits and stickers that say this is not our policy, contact your credit card company. To which I say bs, my card lets me go over that limit at any other station. Tell it like it is and don't bs people with stickers that lie.
Posted Image
2008 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 3.73 Blue Granite

#15 pwall

pwall

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,884 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

<snip>It used to be that you could pump your fuel first, then go in and pay...... but, you wouldn't believe how many customers would just drive off without paying. That's why now, at most all stations, you have to pay first (CC or cash) before any fuel comes out of the nozzle. The stations had to eat those losses and they were getting to pretty serious amounts, moreso the higher the cost of the fuel and whether the economy was doing well in the area. Convenience stores make much more profit on Twinkies, Cokes, Cigarettes and Beer than they do on the profit from gasoline.</snip>
DEWFPO

Many gas stations in Canada are still that way. You can either pay at the pump for convinence, or pump first and then go in and pay. (many have started pre-payment at night though, but there are still a few that don't).
I'm reminded of this when I travel south and try to put fuel in the truck first. ;)

Edited by pwall, 30 March 2010 - 02:50 PM.

Patrick.
Posted Image
Black Truck Member # ?? DMax Club Member # ??
RV Forum: http://rv-forums.org

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users