Cigarette Lighter Fuse On 1990 Sierra

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 miguel510

miguel510

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

im having trouble figuring out the exact location of the cigarette lighter fus, i need it to hook my up ipod, i think the fuse is either blown or missing, does anyone know which one is the cigarette lighter fuse. it would be easy if GM would have have labeled that one :D

#2 Thuber

Thuber

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

Its not clearly labeled on my 90 either,, I would just get a cheap test like and go for a constant live wire on the panel at the firewall, I need to redo my fuses and some wires under there anyway. and that test light comes in really handy for a lot of things..
Its black and orange wires on my lighter, but if I get a chance this next few days I will sort out a answer for you

#3 Spenny22JK

Spenny22JK

Enthusiast

• 57 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

I dont know if the wiring is set up the same as a 1993 chevy truck but according to the manual the lighter is part of the systen with the fuse labelled "Ctsy". This fuse is also used for the radio, horn, park lamps etc. If this info is still needed lol

#4 miguel510

miguel510

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

@Thuber, yea i think I'm going to get a test light sometime soon

@Spenny, I'm going to try replacing the "ctsy" fuse to see if that solves my problem

thanks to both of you guys

#5 Jake The Lab

Jake The Lab

Enthusiast

• 463 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:38 AM

if its like my 88 the plug might have come off the back of the cig lighter its self , its a rather frustrating thing mine did it 3 times before i popped it back on the back of the cig lighter and electrical taped it on.
The 94 blazer R.I.P yes im a pro mascot & yes its me chevylobo but with a new name Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here