Abs Issue 02 Sierra

Been chasing an ABS issue on my 02 Sierra. Have had ABS codes C0223, C0222, C0221 repeatedly and have changed the right front hub several times and finally they stopped. Couple of months ago it threw new codes C0227 and C0228. I got a new controller from ModuleMasters.com and installed that but still had C0227. ABS light goes out when the truck is shut off but comes back on when restarted and about one rotation of the wheels. Pulling codes now I have C0227 current and C0228, C0221, C0222, C0223 all in history. I am assuming the ABS pump is crap. Was clean with no apparent moisture when the module was replaced. Any idea where I can pick up a pump at a reasonable price? Any thoughts on maybe something else wrong? Input much appreciated.

Been chasing an ABS issue on my 02 Sierra. Have had ABS codes C0223, C0222, C0221 repeatedly and have changed the right front hub several times and finally they stopped. Couple of months ago it threw new codes C0227 and C0228. I got a new controller from ModuleMasters.com and installed that but still had C0227. ABS light goes out when the truck is shut off but comes back on when restarted and about one rotation of the wheels. Pulling codes now I have C0227 current and C0228, C0221, C0222, C0223 all in history. I am assuming the ABS pump is crap. Was clean with no apparent moisture when the module was replaced. Any idea where I can pick up a pump at a reasonable price? Any thoughts on maybe something else wrong? Input much appreciated.

Clear the codes with a scan tool.... Retest. Get some good codes..... If you never cleared the codes before there are extra codes floating around here that are not relevant to your problem now.

Also, what is the brakes doing? or NOT doing?

Jbo

Guess I should have stated that. I have cleared the codes. During most driving.only the ABS light is on. The brake light will come on sporadically and sometimes stay on. I would assume that is why the history codes are there. I know for a fact that the right front wheel speed sensor is good. Have I said how much I hate ABS on a truck used to for commercial purposes?

• 1 year later...
Guess I should have stated that. I have cleared the codes. During most driving.only the ABS light is on. The brake light will come on sporadically and sometimes stay on. I would assume that is why the history codes are there. I know for a fact that the right front wheel speed sensor is good. Have I said how much I hate ABS on a truck used to for commercial purposes?

I'm having a similar issue. Both my 2002 Astrovan and 2004 Silverado 1500 are having the exact same issue. I can't imagine they both have bad modules.. I have replaced the front wheel speed sensors on the Silverado, and it didn't fix the issue. I can read live data on my scan tool, and all the speed sensors are reporting pretty much equally. I am getting C0223 as well as another (my memory fails me, again..)

Can anyone give some updates or insight into this?

Thanks!

nah2323

Archived