What Are The Best Spark Plugs

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3 liter with 140,000. I'm getting ready to swap out the plugs and wires. Not sure what the best plugs are for my application. Not necessarily the best performance plugs, just the most efficient and reliable. Any thoughts.

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3 liter with 140,000. I'm getting ready to swap out the plugs and wires. Not sure what the best plugs are for my application. Not necessarily the best performance plugs, just the most efficient and reliable. Any thoughts.

Don't listen to the AC Delco hype....mine came from the factory w/ Denso plugs....I'm now running NGK TR5's.

It's hard to know what is the best for the vehicle. I know NGK make a good spark plug. Are the TR5's running alright in your truck?

Running just fine and the price is right....I prefer to change them more often so I choose to go w/ regular ole copper core plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to the AC Delco hype....mine came from the factory w/ Denso plugs....I'm now running NGK TR5's.

hey dummy, the current plugs installed from the factory have AC Delco on one side and NGK on the other.... IT'S THE SAME PLUG! You bought in to it and are recommending the same product lol

hey dummy, the current plugs installed from the factory have AC Delco on one side and NGK on the other.... IT'S THE SAME PLUG! You bought in to it and are recommending the same product lol

Hey dipshit....you obviously can't read or you're just plain ole stupid....now STFU!!!

Hey dipshit....you obviously can't read or you're just plain ole stupid....now STFU!!!

thanks for proving yourself retarded lol

You are one stupid SOB aren't you.....

That's enough guys. No more names or you're both going to surf somewhere else for a few days.

OP...If your stock plugs were satisfactory for the first 140,000 miles, I'd say put a new set of the same thing in there.

That's enough guys. No more names or you're both going to surf somewhere else for a few days.

OP...If your stock plugs were satisfactory for the first 140,000 miles, I'd say put a new set of the same thing in there.

I have to agree with you on that one. I just changed the original plugs on a 2000 5.3 with 160,000 km's. The older plugs were working excellent, and were so worn the gap was 20,000 over on one plug. I replaced them with NGK platinums and new plug wires. And now I have the same if not LESS power? Cant figure out why.I checked the NGKS that I installed and they were clean and burning good.

• 4 months later...

You are one stupid SOB aren't you.....

How is he stupid your recommending only half a spark plug :lol:

Archived